Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's Typewriter
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Typewriter
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This anecdote, the great poem, the comments-- stopping by this forum has transformed my outlook completely on an otherwise discouraging day.

As it is with you good people, I've adored both the man and his work for decades. To read to Ray must be wonderful for you both.

In 1981 I attended a conference in Pasadena called Planetfest. Ray was one of the panelists discussing the exciting intersection between fact and fiction. Live Voyager photos were being received at JPL, and people were still interested in space travel.

At this exciting, optimistic venue it was my honor to thank Ray in person for the literary riches he brought to my life.

I'll always cherish how gracious he was to me... a bit of a flirt as well, to be honest, but then again, I was in my 20s at the time!

Thank you to everyone here. And thank you, Ray.

ImagePlanetfest_online_photo_2010_1981.jpg (54 Kb, 11 downloads)

Posts: 4 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so glad that Ray is still enjoying life. I have been a fan of his since high school in the early 70's and am just now re-reading his stories. I am amazed at his wisdom and how he really did predict the future. In "The Veldt" and "The Murderer", he predicted how we would be overcome by technology.

As one who struggles with faith, I found "Powerhouse" very moving. I always enjoyed Ray as a fantastic story teller. I am now coming to see his amazing wisdom of the human psyche.

In that old game where you decide the twelve people living or dead you want at a dinner party, he is definitely one of my guests. Oh, to sit beside him and just listen.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post