Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Avatar Origins, Ray and Otherwise
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avatar Origins, Ray and Otherwise
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
quote:
Kewwll! What role did you play in the film?

Senior Lighting Technical Director at Weta Digital. It's basically a fancy name for a digital lighting artist. Smiler

Most of my shots were in the floating mountains sequences (like the banshee rookery and the final battle).

--
jJ

Schweeet! A high point of last year's Comic-Con was meeting Richard, Ri, Greg, Dave Tremont and Richard's dad at the Weta booth.

Do you know Jim Aupperle? His interview is coming up in "Famous Monsters."

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen "Avatar".
I saw a bit of it whilst shopping at Costco and it looked a bit hokey. I only saw the blue girl flying with the blue boy watching bit.
I gather it's sort of a "Indigenous Peoples Good, Outsiders Bad"; like "Titanic" was "Poor People Good, Rich People Bad".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outsiders OK, it's technology and the resulting greed that are bad--not only a white guilt fantasy, but a primitive vs. modern fantasy.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Figures.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, someone not among the main sources named is suing. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=690975

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Here are some other famous movie ripoffs: http://www.cracked.com/article...cle&wa_ibsrc=fanpage