Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Waukegan Public Library Ray Bradbury T-Shirt

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waukegan Public Library Ray Bradbury T-Shirt
 Login/Join

posted
The Waukegan Illinois Public Library is selling, for $20 each, cool Ray Bradbury t-shirts in honor of his 100th birthday. All proceeds go to the Library. Dress in style, and also support the Library in Ray's boyhood home town! For further information, click on the link below:

https://www.customink.com/fundraising/bradbury100

Posts: 2444 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of today, the Ray Bradbury t-shirt fund raising effort by the Waukegan Public Library is already two above its goal of 50 sales, with 16 days left in the campaign. Incidentally, for those who might not be aware, the design on the t-shirt (which can be accessed by clicking on the link in the above posting) is patterned after the rocket ship which is part of the statue outside the Library, and on which the figure of Ray Bradbury is sitting. That statue was dedicated in Waukegan on Ray's 99th birthday last year:

https://www.chicagotribune.com...ilby35k3q-story.html

posted Hide Post
Just six days to go in the fund-raising effort by the Waukegan Public Library, the library in Ray Bradbury's boyhood hometown. The Library has already sold 76 Ray Bradbury centennial t-shirts, 26 over its goal of 50, and raised $1350, all of which will go to the Library. To see the design of the shirt, and for ordering information, click on the link in the first posting above.

posted Hide Post
With just two days left in the campaign, the fund-raising effort by the Waukegan Public Library in Ray's childhood home town has already sold 110 Ray Bradbury centennial t-shirts, sixty more than the campaign's stated goal, and raised $1990 for the Library. There is still time to purchase one of these shirts, and support a good cause as well. And buyers get to say a few words, if they wish to do so, on why they are contributing to this effort. Just click on the link below for more information:

https://www.customink.com/fundraising/bradbury100

posted Hide Post
The Ray Bradbury centennial t-shirts, sold by the Waukegan Public Library as part of a fundraising effort in these difficult times, are now shipping. In the end, 120 shirts were sold, seventy more than the campaign's stated goal, and $2180 was raised for the Library. Well done!

posted Hide Post
I received in the mail today (as I am sure all purchasers did) a very nice letter from the Waukegan Public Library Foundation, thanking me for my purchase of a Ray Bradbury centennial t-shirt during the Library's fund-raising effort. For me at least, such a kind, written "thank you" was completely unexpected. The letter said, in part:

"Thank you, so much, for purchasing a t-shirt and at the same time helping us to honor Ray Bradbury's 100th birthday! Judging by the number of orders we received, Thomas Cray's design on the shirt resonated with Bradbury fans across the country! We are so fortunate to have such a talented artist in our Waukegan community. Our fundraiser was an amazing success and we are thrilled with the additional funds it brought into our community. During this time of great uncertainty we've been comforted, encouraged, and humbled by the outpouring of generosity and support from Bradbury enthusiasts."

As I said in the post immediately above...well done!