Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Sam & My 7 Year Old

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam & My 7 Year Old
 Login/Join

posted
This is just a fan's thank you.

When young, I used to 'drink' Ray's writings, hugely in love with him, having first found him through short story anthologies when in grade school. I'm 42 now and 'reading lazy,' not having read one of my favorite authors in such a long time.

Despite my failings, my son is a voracious reader, and has actually shamed me into picking up books again (thank God). He's been a big fan of 'fantasy' and while at the library I fell in surprise of Sam Weller's 2005 Ray Bradbury biography which I snapped up.

With all the short story references in Sam's book, I had to pull out my Ray Bradbury books, when my son, whom I don't try to steer, asked to read. I thought the stories too deep and/or complex, but I started him with "Uncle Einar," where he said afterwards, "I really like that Dad, can I read more?"

Just as I had tears in my eyes enjoying the biography, my son's request to read Ray next to me did the same. It's been quite fun getting in touch with Ray again - like an old warm coat.

- Chance, Cleveland, OH

Posts: 1 | Location: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post