Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Arrested for walking

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arrested for walking
 Login/Join

posted
O.K., I know Ray was, and I heard he spent like two days in jail. I don't know the details.

When I was a boy I had this problem. The reason being is I looked Asian (I'm Half). Now, as an adult, the police never bother me.

Maybe it's cause I look white now.

Hmm, what is so strange about walking?

[This message has been edited by Faler (edited 06-09-2004).]

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TWO DAYS IN JAIL! All I heard was: in America (Los Angeles, where he lives) he was questioned by police for taking a walk after dark. Questioned, and let go. In America they need "PC" (probable cause for arrest--otherwise they'd be in trouble.)

In Ireland, he was arrested for being "Drunk, and in charge of a bicycle."

I don't know that he's EVER spent ANY time in jail--anyone else know?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was this his inspiration in writing "The Pedestrian?"

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post