Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    YOUTUBE of Bradbury at Library
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YOUTUBE of Bradbury at Library
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No flakes? How do manage when you need a 99?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, Milky Bar is "white chocolate", and has always been advertised over here using a little kid with glasses dressed as a western sheriff.

To view one of the worst of these commercials (with a bizarre science-fictional "updating"), click here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We make our own 99s when we must - a few local import shops carry Flakes (standard size ones), and we have some very good local ice cream...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, guys!!!! What has the Ray Bradbury web site come to? You've got me drooling at the thought of candy, particularly anything to do with chocholate and you're even discussing caramel. Shame on all of you. And then you, John King T., have the nerve of encouraging us to read a book about confections. What is the world coming to?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane,
As Jackie Gleason used to say, "How sweet it is!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1, you need will power! You can think about confectionery, but just not succumb to the temptation to eat any. Not easily done, but I've been doing it for a couple of months now.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
(snip) And then you, John King T., have the nerve of encouraging us to read a book about confections. What is the world coming to?

Come to the opening of Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine and I'll buy you a package of Necco Wafers.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John King T. give me a call when you can. (954) 579-0003. Thanks.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
John King T. give me a call when you can. (954) 579-0003. Thanks.

Tuesday OK?

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that would be fine.

posted Hide Post
When does Dandelion Wine open? Theatre?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
September 28th is the preview, but real opening night is the 29th, at the Fremont.

Be there!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
When does Dandelion Wine open? Theatre?

And no traffic for you either. Be sure to pick-up Nard on the way. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Oh, Thank Ye! Thank Ye!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DUH!!!
I just realized that you can burn CD's out of these YOUTUBE videos. Put the YOUTUBE video on your desk top and throw in a CD in your trusty burner.

Then there is the new TV's coming end of the year that are supposedly no thicker than thickness of a QUARTER. They are not plasma. Maybe DVD's are too ancient for these new contraptions.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post