Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Leonard Nimoy!
An admirer of Vincent Van Gogh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgVUFHHl84Q

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 83, John Astin!

You wuz on The Addams Family.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I.M. Pei ~ Architect-extraordinaire! 96yrs. today...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arta...re=359810193&index=0

http://theplanetd.com/top-5-ar...-wonders-of-i-m-pei/

Marvelous designs that seem somehow perfect for the planet Mars!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to science fiction writer, historian and critic James Gunn, aged 91...

...and still active, as his 2013 novel TRANSCENDENTAL demonstrates:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today my mom was watching the biographical movie Bound for Glory, about Woody Guthrie, and I went out and turned on public radio and a program about him was running! I thought perhaps it was his 100th birthday as I knew it was something like that, but his birthday turned out to be July 14, 1912, not July 12, 1914, but happy birthday anyway!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 65th birthday to Bradbury dramatist Brian Sibley!

(I met with Brian in London last week. Two hours spent talking about almost nothing other than Ray Bradbury.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edgar Allan Poe, 210 years old on January 19, 2019.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
happy birthday!

Posts: 64 | Registered: 27 November 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Lennon would have been 79 years old today.

posted Hide Post
Christopher Robin Milne, who inspired the Winnie-the-Pooh stories, was born the day before Ray and so will have his centennial on August 21. It is to be hoped some observances are planned.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,