Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nard
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
May Nard's soul rest in peace. He fought the good fight.

May his family and all who mourn him be comforted.

"Stay on the Path."
Travis in: A Sound of Thunder

Posts: 21 | Location: A town still green in Illinois | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He cast a long shadow in this small community.

He will be sadly missed, but fondly remembered.

May he rest in peace.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the liberty of posting a few memories of Nard:

http://bradburymedia.blogspot....ng-nard-kordell.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful picture, rest in peace, Nard, and condolences to his family.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rejoice with Jesus, beloved friend!!!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace, Nard!

We hardly knew each other, but few years ago Nard has helped me with developing multilingual Ray Bradbury fan site, he spent a lot of time working on it. My gratitude and sympathy for his works and music are very high. I'm sorry for this man to pass so early.

My condolences to all of his friends here and family.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It occurred to me that, because of his health, Nard hadn't been present on these boards for many months - and therefore some of the board members may not know who Nard was and why he "cast a long shadow" here.

So I found Nard's first post on the board, from 2002, which characteristically talks about his religious journey in relation to Bradbury's: it's here.

(I should add a disclaimer: years ago these boards were driven by different software, and I suspect some of the earliest posts got lost when the new software came in. So this may not be Nard's ACTUAL first post, it's just the first one we have. The software change, incidentally, is why to this day this page is headed by a link to "Imported Forums": the threads carried over from the old system.)

Over 5000 posts later - the count is inaccurate, again because of the software change - Nard made his last post in March of this year. Although he had undergone considerable physical trauma, he was still eager to communicate his experience. It's here.

I had some emails from Nard after this date, and his typing did actually improve, although I gather it was a struggle for him.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it! I'm depressed beyond reason. I will not be on here until who knows when. I deny Nard's death! He was a huge inspiration for me...and then he went and...DAMN IT!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT NARD'S PASSING.
RIP MY FRIEND.
TO HIS FAMILY, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL.
RANDY

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likewise.
And a very touching tribute, philnic.
- tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, philnic, a number of posts were lost in two different procedures (creating this present new board and then merging it with what remained of the old board after it continued on a separate track for about a year) as well as some which may have been lost due to other glitches. Nard was very concerned about all this with good reason.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only just read this news.
(I have been off the computer for most of the last month or so.)

I never met Nard in person, but I loved him.

Memory Eternal!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I attended a memorial for Nard today at the home of one of his friends. I will post some pictures soon. A very moving tribute to a unique man.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attached is a photo of the poster at the memorial for Nard Kordell with pics from all stages of his life. Centered is a picture of Ray Bradbury who he credited with changing his life.

Image174.JPG (237 Kb, 23 downloads) POSTER OF NARD LIFE AT THE MEMORIAL

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post