Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nard
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
MORE DETAIL OF THE POSTER FROM THE MEMORIAL FOR NARD. THAT IS HIS WIFE JUST BENEATH THE PICURE OF RAY. NARD WROTE MUSIC AND ONE OF HIS TRACKS ON A CD THAT WAS MADE AVAILABLE IS CALLED "YELLOW FLOWERS"

Image175.JPG (227 Kb, 20 downloads) DETAIL OF THE POSTER

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all that have posted comments of love for my husband Bernard Kordell.

Thank you so much for your heartfelt words.

Posts: 4 | Location: Mission Viejo | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrask, thanks for posting these. And nardswife, I'm glad you know how much Nard was appreciated by all here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, my friend.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been out of touch for the last year. My last conversation with Nard was a very, very pleasant one. I am greatly saddened by the news of his passing. He had been a touchstone for several years for me. We loved to talk Bradbury, religion, and life. Nard will be greatly missed by me and, obviously, by many others. Although I'm sure he is happy where he is, he left us too soon.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update on things Nard for those who knew and loved him and his passion for Ray:

I visited recently with Nard's wife Marge (Margaret)at their home at her invitation. It seems that she is in need of cash and is looking for anyone who might be interested in obtaining memorabilia that Nard collected over the many years that he had known Ray Bradbury. According to Marge there is a library of books in storage in the Chicago area that she would like to part with in exchange for cash. I am sure that many of these must be signed by Ray. She also has some photos and other memorabilia at her home that Nard had accummulated over the years. If there is anyone on this board that has any interest in what she has, please contact her directly. Her home phone is: (949) 855 1841 and she is on this board as "nardswife".
She is relocating at the end of August. I told her I would post this on the board to see if anyone was interested in what she has for sale.
Phil Trask

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly late to this after being away from this forum for quite a while.

I never met Nard or really had any direct communication with him other than reading his posts on this forum.

I feel enriched by reading his words and viewing the many photographs he shared.

I felt a bond to him as a fan of Ray Bradbury and as a believer in Jesus Christ.

In reading Nard's last post here he mentioned his death experience and it seemed like he wished to share that with everyone, yet was unable to type it. Was anyone here able to hear Nard's story before his passing? I would love to hear it and somehow.

Warmest regards.

Tom Black (Blind Henry)

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post