Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nard
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
He is in my thoughts and prayers every day. Thanks for the update!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, a hello from me as well. Although we spoke only a couple of times over the years I, too, always enjoyed your posts and was envious of you and the long relationship that you had enjoyed with Ray over many years.

And, although we too had differing thoughts on religion, it is nice to know that we have one thought in common and that is that Jesus died for us that we might have hope for the Resurrection, and with that note, your loved ones and your friends in Ray Bradbury will look forward to seeing you once again.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
He is in my thoughts and prayers every day. Thanks for the update!

Same here.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was visiting with mutual friends for lunch today when Nard called one of them. He was in good spriirts knowing what's to come.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I was visiting with mutual friends for lunch today...

Mutual friends, hehee.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know you, but I am praying for you.Any friend of Ray Bradbury's is a friend of mine. Live Forever!

Posts: 11 | Location: Laguna Beach, California | Registered: 20 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Live Forever!

That's a great user name! It used to be my signature, until I modified it slightly. Welcome!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been on here in a few years and just read this. Sending good vibes and thoughts Nard's way.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, LordShen! Where have you been?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard from Nard recently? I do hope he is feeling well again.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Anyone heard from Nard recently? I do hope he is feeling well again.

I heard something yesterday which doesn't sound like the best of news, but I'm hoping for a turnaround.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I just spoke with Nard's wife and she informed me that Nard has passed away as of this am. I am saddened for her sake and for all of his friends on this board who can no longer benefit from his sense of humor and knowledge about all things Bradbury. Ray changed Nard's life for the better, as he told many of us over the years, and allowed Nard to find a friend in Jesus and a new path for his life. He has gone where he knew he would and we should all feel no sorrow for him in his new place, which is, I believe, a far better one than the one he has left. We will honor his memory and charish the days we had to know him. RIP NARD

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here.

My condolences to the family of Nard upon his passing. I will always remember Nard's kind words to me in this forum and his kindrid love of Bradbury's works.

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear of Nard's passing. I had the honour of meeting him two years ago, and we had talked via email of meeting again around Ray's 90th. Alas, it is not to be.

RIP Nard.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warmest regards and best of health to the family and friends of Mr. Kordell. -Robert

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post