Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Take the Ray Bradbury Reading Challenge!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take the Ray Bradbury Reading Challenge!
 Login/Join

posted
Educator and writer Kimberly Us writes about why we should take the Ray Bradbury Reading Challenge! You can read her inspiring take on this subject by clicking on the link below:

https://kimberlyus.com/i-took-...allenge-for-30-days/

And why Ray's "reading challenge" has been posted on the Board before, here it is again:

“I’ll give you a program to follow every night, a very simple program…one poem a night, one short story a night, one essay a night, for the next 1,000 nights. From various fields: archaeology, zoology, biology, all the great philosophers of time, comparing them…But that means that every night then, before you go to bed, you’re stuffing your head with one poem, one short story, one essay—at the end of a thousand nights, Jesus God, you’ll be full of stuff, won’t you?”

Posts: 2458 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This brief video's narration - probably previously presented within these many years of Forum Posts - clearly expresses what Kimberly Us is inspired by and "challenges" through of the reading of Mr. Bradbury's works.

His words carry such long lasting feelings related to a reader's youthful days, growing up, family, friends, sun-filled countrysides, and dark mysterious ravines. Though I taught in detail innumerable authors during my classroom days, RB writings still are felt in significant ways each day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9hMwaGfdk

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post