Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    you inspire me

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

you inspire me
 Login/Join

posted
Raybradbury inspires me becasue of the way that he writes. When he writes he seems to like to go into a lot of detail in his sentences and paragraghs. In his second story of the authors in depths book he had not to little but not too much deatil and i like that. That seems to make his stories a lot better than what they would actually be. Overall all he is a great and detailed writer.

Posts: 1 | Location: Taylor,MI,United States | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too and the reason is quite the same.

Posts: 4 | Location: Ukraine | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think he writes to choppy, and somthing wicked is a perfect example

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury has incredible insight into what may come of the future. There are too few people in this world who can interpret the signs of today into what will become of tomorrow. In his book Fahrenheit 541, Bradbury talked about very real issues of today's world. Censorship, false realities, and the loss of great knowledge are just a few of the issues that Bradbury saw. He has inspired me to analyze the events that are taking place currently and try to forsee how they will affect the life of the future.

Posts: 1 | Location: My school computer lab | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Something Wicked This Way Comes" is in no way "choppy". Not only do Bradbury's words flow smoothly, his story line fits together without any rough edges or loose ends.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury inspires me because he is talented and he is not afraid to express his talent. He doesn't seem to care what anyone else thinks of his work he only does it to make himself happy. I think we would all be happier people if we learned a lesson or two from him.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree that he doesn't use to much or to little detail. I really like the phrases he uses to describe also.

" So the salesman jangled and clanged his huge leather kit in which oversized puzzles of ironmongery lay unseen but which his tongue conjured from door to door until he came at last to a lawn which was cut all wrong."

I think its really neat how he can describe so much in just one sentence. I also really like the words he used.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He kind of inspires me to read more. The way he writes makes a boring story that has been over done actually interesting and different. kind of like Something Wicked This Way Comes. I hear a lot of stories about evil carnivals and stuff but his, the way he writes it, it is so great to read.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He definitely inspired me to read. I was pretty much a non-starter at reading (except Marvel comics and Mad magazine) until I read F451 and Martian Chronicles. The next book was Something Wicked This Way Comes. You're right in saying the book is not like other dark carnival books. Bradbury writes about both sides of the human condition. He can write Mr. Dark well. He can write about our fears and regrets and disappointments. He can write about personal damnation. But he can also write about redemption, courage, hope and love. Is there a better father/son story than the one here? This small dark fantasy is filled with feeling and love and longing. What a great book.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post