Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Happy Friday the 13th
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Friday the 13th
 Login/Join

posted
Particularly significant in the month of October.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed. Luckily, I have a black cat called Sparkle. I've avoided ladders, touched alot of wood, and have spent the morning rubbing the silver die hung around my neck.

When an imaginative person suffers mental problems, the line between seeming and believing disappears - King - Bag Of Bones

Posts: 6 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope no one has paraskavedekatriaphobia!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this date in history:

The origin of the "Black Friday" was the simultaneous arrest of hundreds of Knights Templars on October 13, 1307 (Friday), to be later tortured into admitting heresy.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doug said: 'The origin of the "Black Friday" was the simultaneous arrest of hundreds of Knights Templars on October 13, 1307 (Friday), to be later tortured into admitting heresy.'

Doug...this is very hard to prove with certainty. Even the FBI needs high-tech to do this one. No clocks...no long-distance communication...no way to coordinate. Could be a legend... Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can suggest a good, scholarly book on the issue at hand:

Templars in America - From the crusades to the New World by Tim Wallace-Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins 2004

Provides some very interesting details about the Sinclair family and the reasons why the Templars would have been attempting to move to the American Continent shortly after the French Pope subjected the order to ridicule and persecution after October 13, 1307, in the attempt to confiscate the treasures of the order. Many other books on the subject, this one is unique in the issue of documenting the presence of Templars in America way before Columbus.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole Templar/Merovingian/Magdalene/Celtic thing was a very big interest for me during my pursuit of my bachelor's degree in theology (recently completed), and continues to be a major hobby - fascinating!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Time to bump this up.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't worry unless you are a closet Templar, then be very fearful of the Inquisition or convert to Catholism. All In the name of ....

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, how did everyone survive?

posted Hide Post
Not badly here. Played jazz Friday night. Had fun and the crowd was appreciative, though not pecuniarily so...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do ya feel lucky, punks? Well, do ya?

posted Hide Post
"I gots to know."

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its my friend's birthday today. she said the last one was on her golden birthday.

i really dont believe there is such a thing as luck. i believe in... things can be random and there are coincidences adn it would be weird if there were no coincidences anyways.

besides, power of the human brain. if you think something's going to happen, or be a certain way, then it will be. you make it so because you believe it will be.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 05 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IT'S HERE AGAIN!