Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Happy Christmas to All
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Christmas to All
 Login/Join

posted
Happy Christmas to all of you!
I sincerely hope you all have a safe, family-oriented, and joy-filled Yuletide.
God bless us, every one!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays to you, as well! And may we all have a safe and prosperous New Year.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buon Natale, Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings!! May all your wishes come true in 2005!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, merry Christmas to all of you -- in whatever way you celebrate it!
I know there are some Australians on board -- I always wondered what it must be like to celebrate Christmas in swim suits and red caps by the seashore... Definitely gotta try that some time!

Posts: 62 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New, deep, fresh snow here. Brilliant sun reflecting off it. Dug for two hours trying to get my wife's car out of the drive so she could get to work; I'm off today. Soon, we're both digging through 2-3 foot drifts, trying to get the drive cleared so she can be on time.

Then, this Carhart-covered elf with a front-end-loader/backhoe came down the road--stopped, and cleared our drive for us. He shook his head "no," and mouthed, "Merry Christmas," as he drove off, me waving a checkbook at him. I have no idea who this guy is.

But it's that spirit of kindness, consideration, and peace that I'd wish to everyone this Holiday season, and always. Enjoy!

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow....nice to know that the holiday spirit is still alive and well! We got "lucky" here; no snow at all, but it's really cold out. Ooooo, I have mini marshmallows....I see hot chocolate in my near future!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be the spoil sport but after 28 years living in Minnesota I can honestly say that I don't miss it, i.e., hacking ice off of the windshield, shoveling the drive way out, sliding in icy highways and ending up in the ditch. Just watching the scenes on the TV weather right now sends chills up my spine.

No, I will take the cool (70s, once in a great while down to the 40s) Florida winter.
In a week our yearly influx of Minnesota friends start to arrive.

The best to all of you in the forthcoming year of 2005--and the best of all to Ray!

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all of you!

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the UK!

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to our Christian Friends
Happy Hannukah to our Jewish Friends
Blessed Eid to our Muslim Friends
To our Atheist Friends, Good Luck

And how about a FESTIVUS for the rest of us?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Continuing in a succession of GREETINGS...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

:::::: ~><~*~><~*~><~*~><~*~><~*~><~*~::::::

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is an old thread! Nevertheless, best wishes to all. Merry Christmas!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once upon a midnight clear, a wise child cried under a guiding star. May His wisdom and selflessness be in us all!

And from Mr. Dickens, regarding the Christmas Tree:

“If Age be hiding for me in the unseen portion of thy downward growth, O may I, with a grey head, turn a child’s heart to that figure yet, and a child’s trustfulness and confidence!”

and:

“…the branches of the Christmas Tree, which cast no gloomy shadow! But as it sinks into the ground, I hear a whisper going through the leaves, ‘This, in commemoration of the law of love and kindness, mercy and compassion. This, in remembrance of Me!’”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find, Nard.

(Since we don't have all of your addresses)
Original poems from our boys to friends near and far.
Enclosed in our Christmas mailings '06!

"A Christmas Verse from Our Home to Yours"

Our Savior was born on a cold winter night.
Gentle animals drew near. What a beautiful sight!
Heavenly Angels with glory sang the good word,
Messages of Love, Peace, and Joy we all have heard.

We hope you stay warm on this Day of All Days...
For gifts of friends, family, and health - give Him our praise.
Merry Christmas to you and all those you love!
May the Spirit of Baby Jesus shine down from above.
~ FGP -age 10

"A HAIKU FOR YOU"

Fir trees rock with joy.
Christmas makes us jump around.
How happy we are!!
~ CWP -age 8

-----------------
Of course, a copy to Mr. B with a picture of the boys, as side by side they ran laughing.

Peace and God's Blessings!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's that time again...HAPPY FESTIVUS to the rest of us!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post