Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    I feel like I am back home again.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel like I am back home again.
 Login/Join

posted
This is the first time that I have posted on this site. As a teen (20+ years ago) I was an avid reader of Mr. Bradbury. I poured through his books, short stories ... anything that I could get my hands on I would devour. Now, after so many years of life experience, I picked up F 451 to re read. What a joy!!!! I discovered that I have subconciously formualted my life views, my parenting styles, my belief system (the way I believe in God and people) from Bradbury's writings. I am Clarisse, with 4 children. I live in a world that others see as cooky, I catch snow flakes on my tounge with my children. I dance at the sound of music (even in embarassing places). It makes life so much more enjoyable.

JRh

Posts: 1 | Location: jnnhughes@sbcgloabl.net | Registered: 22 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful! A similar situation with me. I held S Is For Space under my desk and read it during fourth grade class, I couldn't put it down. I have three kids now, the eldest is thirteen. I am blissfully off my rocker and love to wonder and relish the world we live in with them, keeps me forever young. I agree one hundred percent with your views and words.

p.s. I also like to listen to the snow fall...

p.s.s. Welcome to the board Jennifer, it is chock full of amazing wonderful storylike knowledgeable loving people who likewise share a love and celebration of Ray and his stories.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, indeed!
And may I add ticktickticktickticktick...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome home, old friend. We've been waiting for you.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to THE!!! place to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Board, Jennifer. And to paraphrase the title of one of my favorite short stories, "Any Friend of Ray Bradbury's Is A Friend of Mine"!

Posts: 2465 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi first time on, here too. but just been reading ray's biography the brad'chronicles, what a bril read, so real, so much human-ness passion, art,skill,emotions and more, i,ve been reading his stories since my 20's i'm now 44 and an artist/painter and i'm continually suprised/inspired at what he has say,lesser writer's etc forget what they started from an ray's a continual youth/fan/writer speaking from his art and that in this media driven world is rare, i liked your ref's to snowflakes, i reckon that idea of staying true to yourself and your beliefs, things that make you wanna get up and enjoy life no matter what is what keeps me/you/us young if you know what i mean. thought i'd share that with you, Smiler

Posts: 67 | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post