Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Sound of Thunder, A

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Thunder, A
 Login/Join

posted
Release dates for new film
Sound of Thunder, A (2004)

USA 16 April 2004

cast includes edward burns and ben kingsly

Posts: 6 | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
From the summary of the film that appears on the Warner Bros. website link in robertw's posting above, it seems the phrase "loosely based on a short story by Ray Bradbury" might be an appropriate description. I also see that Ray did not write the screenplay. When this is coupled with the fact that I heard Ray mention in a speaking engagement that the film's makers suggested to Ray that the butterfly (a key element of the short story) be deleted from the script, it does not fill me with optimism. However, I will reserve judgment until after I have seen the released film, and hope that I am pleasantly surprised.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They DID fire the director who wanted to get rid of the butterfly, so perhaps there's some room for optimism.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, that's a great cast, so that gives me hope, too.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the is also a PS2/xbox game tie in coming...

from some of the screenshots, I would be worried
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soundofthunder/news_2900962.html

posted Hide Post
I dunno. Looks like Sound of Thunder NOT...
My wife is a 'dedicate' of GameCube and Zelda. She, as a more learned audience, steers away from all the shooting and bombings and blood... Tell me I'm wrong. But that's about all I saw in all the preview screens of "Thunder"...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After viewing the screenshots, I am officially worried.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This website makes me want to see the movie: http://www.moviefans.de/a-z/s/sound-of-thunder/

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they posted the story on that site listed above. For anyone that hasn't read it, now's your chance.

Posts: 10 | Location: freehold,nj,usa | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw a movie site that says this movie will be coming out September 2. I hope this is for real.