Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Many inspirations

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Many inspirations
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all:

Mr. Bradbury has been an inspiration since forever -- I recently re-read some of the books I bought some 25 years ago (S is for Space, R is for Rocket, Illustrated Man) and remembered all over again how truly powerful a writer he is.

I realized that he has inspired the little writing I've done, but at the time, became inspired to write some music based on a few of his short stories.

I have "The Bradbury Preludes" a set of five short preludes based on the work of Ray Bradbury. You may listen to three of them at http://www.mp3.com/ddgryphon

I will be amending it so that all five are available in a single file sometime soon.

If anyone is a pianist and interested in the scores, I will gladly send out PDF files of the completed scores for free.

I would be interested in any comments on the pieces as they are some of my most secular work (I usually write church music) but I feel they -- like the work of Mr. Bradbury -- have a spiritual element.

Thank you,

Dirk D. Griffin

Posts: 4 | Location: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hearty Welcome!! ��ddgryphon �

I MUST listen to... your renditions of Bradbury prose set to music!
However, for an unknown reason ...it's freezing up my iMAC. Perhaps something to do with AT&T switching over to Comcast ...
So enjoyment of your music will be slightly postponed until I clear this up...

In the meanwhile...
...catch some of my music on my Website: http://www.catchaway.com
Doesn't sound like Bradbury stuff, but,believe me, it's 'Bradbury driven'. Unfortunately, the fellow who put my Website together is off to Chekoslavakia for 3 weeks to teach English on a mission-trip, and he obviously pushed the wrong bottons before he left. I wound-up with the 'same' song on all the tracks, except the ones (only 2) that are actually 'titled'.

Ah, yes! Bugs, the virus, glitches, human error...etc etc all abound!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-01-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a treat!!! Reading Dandelion Wine while listening to Nard's "Yellow Flowers." I really liked the mellowness and serenity of the piece. Thanks, Nard, for directing me to your fantastic track!

Posts: 19 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post