Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Strange but True

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strange but True
 Login/Join

posted
This device would make a terrific scene in the remake of F-451. Couldn't you see Mildred getting a book signed this way by one of The Family? Perhaps the White Clown?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050212/ATWOOD12/TPEntertainment/?query=Margaret+Atwood

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, this is great idea. Any author, who can't move around much, or has difficulty in traveling to book signings, would love this solution, espacially with a video hook up that shows the author-customer interaction in real time, just as though you, the customer, were really there with the author. I watched the vidio on the Unotchit.com website and that was what was happening. Ray could stay at homw and sign books for all his fans around the world real time! Technology will triumph over any problem. I want one.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, there's two points to the autograph. One is to get the autograph. The machine can do that.

The other, though, is that you got the autograph when you were actually with him. That's not replicable by machine.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of a robotic operation via remote. You get your "fix" but it is void of the human touch.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robotic operations are less likely to give the patient infections, and some say the surgeon is more relaxed in the use of these tools, than when in the garb of the OR. Technology marches on.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post