Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Much more than just stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Much more than just stories
 Login/Join

posted
When I first read stories by Ray Bradbury, I experienced the same odd feelings that people have described in this forum. And it could have been gratifying. Great stories!

But I was eager to read the stories again and again, in order to repeat the experience, and to re-live the emotions that came with the words. And I found that there was much more that I had realised before, each time I had started reading again.
These were not only stories. It was like entering another world, feeling other emotions, breathing a different air, smelling an unknown scent of flowers.

There ist, for instance, this silent humor interweaved into the the texture of a story. It comes to you when it hits you that you are looking into a mirror. Yes, it is you you are looking at, as you are part of mankind. And you and all the other humans stand for this kind of behaviour described here right in front of you, visualised by words. Remember it. Always.

I have learned to live a different life within your words, Mr. Bradbury, and I thank you very much for this opportunity.

Posts: 1 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nefertiti

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post