Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    My new Texas plates . . .

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new Texas plates . . .
 Login/Join

posted
Haven't posted on these forums in many moons, but I wanted to share my new Texas license plate, which supports literacy and libraries across the state.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lance! Now that is a Great Plate!
I recall you from the "earliest" years here. I hope all has been well!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Lance. There's no hiding, now we know your license plate! Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lance,

May I print out the picture of the plate and bring an 8x10 to Ray?

jkt

p.s. If you wish to send me a larger file you can email it to UncleEinar at Earthlink.net

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, by all means, yes. I would be honored! I'm on the road right now, but I'll send you a higher-res version when I get home on Sunday night.

It's nice to look back over the last ten years and see Bradbury's influence on my life. A decade ago I was a full-time volunteer with the AmeriCorps program, reading "All Summer in a Day" to kids in an after-school program. Later I wrote my graduate thesis on Bradbury and his works. These days I am a college English instructor, and just last week my students wrote essays on "The Lake."

His writing moves through me and into others. I'm just the middle man . . .

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, too, is a middle man: "I don't write my stories - they write me!" Or, "I wake up in the morning to the theater in my head. I race to the typewriter to get the stories down."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Lance!
GREAT plate.
By the way, when you read that story to the kids, were they all present, or was one maybe missing?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
. . . when you read that story to the kids, were they all present, or was one maybe missing?

Wink

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Lance,

Ray LOVED the plate. Especially when he saw it was to benefit libraries.

John

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,

Well, that pretty much made my day . . .

Thanks!