Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    I've been decorating a Halloween Tree!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been decorating a Halloween Tree!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
...Halloween Tree at Disneyland 2008...

Great photos. I love the balloon pumpkins of Mickey and co.

It is, to me, so WRONG that people can be walking around in t-shirts on Halloween. Over here, there was snow on the ground!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
...Halloween Tree at Disneyland 2008...

Great photos. I love the balloon pumpkins of Mickey and co.

It is, to me, so WRONG that people can be walking around in t-shirts on Halloween. Over here, there was snow on the ground!

Phil,
I've never even seen it snow. (ducking)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was glad to see the Bradbury Tree in FrontierLand, but I had always envisioned a big Halloween Tree in front of the Haunted Mansion?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Phil,

Don't worry, you'll see plenty of snow if you come to the Summer Olympics in London in 2012...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Phil,

Don't worry, you'll see plenty of snow if you come to the Summer Olympics in London in 2012...

The UK is still in the Northern Hemisphere so why would there be snow in Summer? It was so cold today I had to put on a long sleeve shirt today to walk to work, no jacket just a long sleeve shirt. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was so cold today I had to put on a long sleeve shirt today to walk to work, no jacket just a long sleeve shirt.

It's so cold out here on the coast today that I had to shut one of the windows in the living room and put on a long-sleeve shirt!

It must be Fahrenheit 64 out.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's so cold out here on the coast today that I had to shut one of the windows in the living room and put on a long-sleeve shirt!

It must be Fahrenheit 64 out.

Ah, you southwesterners! Here, two days before Halloween it snowed five inches. The snow hung around for a couple of days, but by the big night itself (we had absolutely perfect autumn weather for Halloween) only a little snow remained in the shady areas...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Here, two days before Halloween it snowed five inches.

In the Land of Trees and Heroes? PA, I believe, a swing state. Oops - wrong thread.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, PA is the "Keystone State".
California is the "Catatonic State"
(or maybe the same as PA without the "key"...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Careful, we both live here!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

In the Land of Trees and Heroes? PA, I believe, a swing state. Oops - wrong thread.
Ha---yep, wrong thread but what the heck. I'm going to vote tomorrow, and then to relieve some of the stress I'm feeling about the election I'm going to go to an architectural salvage place and see if I can dig up some corner blocks that will match the dining room woodwork... Man, I'll be glad when the election is over...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Man, I'll be glad when the election is over.

Yeah, but then the 2012 campaigns begin on Wednesday.

You betcha!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Fortunately, the UK media will be so obsessed with the approaching London Olympics that they will ignore the 2012 US elections. (Unlike this time, when they have given us saturation coverage. There are more BBC reporters in the US right now than there are in the UK.)

Meanwhile, this is what the UK was like last week:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01j11597eDgFx/610x.jpg

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Doug, PA is the "Keystone State".
California is the "Catatonic State"
(or maybe the same as PA without the "key"...)

CA is The Golden State. Please help us to keep it that way, green and golden, bring money!

BTY, we really do not need weed to get high out here, just an hour or two on a non-moving parking lot freeway will do the trick nicely. I guess that is why they are called HIGH ways, eh?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, penny for the Guy?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post