Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Inspiration for Ray's work
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inspiration for Ray's work
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
You made me go and look at my Collier books: I own a limited signed edition of Green Thoughts, which was the original story for what became The Little Shop of Horrors, and a book of his short stories that has no publication info, no title page, just Six Stories. I loved his work as much as I love Ray's stories, and the genesis is definitely there in Collier, as Ray stated when he paid tribute to Collier in a late edition of Fancies and Good-nights.

There is a story I believe by Collier about how money corrupts a village when a stranger enters and offers to rent a home with a check. It is the most marvelous exploration of how credit corrupts the economy, and is very appropos to our time of trial.

The title of the story is Witches Money and it can be found in Fancies and Goodnights, as I realized and then reread it with much excitment.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post