Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing
 Login/Join

posted
I first discovered Ray Bradbury in the 8th grade, last year.

I was always fascinated by the stars, the sky, space, but this love became tired as I grew. The world became an ugly place. The Martian Chronicles and The Golden Apples renewed my wonder. I now find beauty in the simplest things, and I could sit for hours outside looking at the sky and the stars and the world.

I don't know if it was Bradbury's work that did it. Is this stupid?

Posts: 6 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alison, that's one of the wisest things I ever read! Congratulations on discovering Ray's work at the exact same age I did! Your life will be immeasurably improved!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is already very much improved. Do you know what Mr. Bradbury's beliefs are regarding creationism/evolutionism? In 'A Sound of Thunder', I thought it must be that he was for evolution, but he does talk about God a lot... was it that the character he was writing for believed in evolution?

Posts: 6 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by AlisonHD:
quote:
Do you know what Mr. Bradbury's beliefs are regarding creationism/evolutionism?

He may believe in both!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...6m76YJ6P7yHiwBFS3oX5

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl:

Thank you for the link.

I would have to disagree with Mr. Bradbury's views, sadly. But it isn't sad. I owe the universe nothing and God everything.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AlisonHD,