Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Somehow....
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somehow....
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
P. S. Augie, I hope you like that one. I'm dedicating it to Dandelion for having the courage and insight to run this madhouse.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*
BrainSparks, Cat farts, and a little gray matter.

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!! I LOVE IT!!!

"In a hole in the ground...."

Posts: 14 | Location: Greenville IL, USA | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As for biplane's question, Nard went into the publishing house situation for me when I lost the patience, but I haven't heard back from them.

I've heard all those arguments for and against various long distance plans and haven't changed mine.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would disagree with limiting anything anyone has to say. If there are racists or homophopes they should have the same rights to speak their posion as anyone else does to speak truth and beauty. If we begin to restrict any free speach, then we are restricting all free speach right?
Having said that. I believe racists and homophobes to be a waste of the human miracle. I am free to say that they are morons and idiots, so I will say it. Speak your mind I say.
Thanks

I don't think too much, others think too little

Posts: 2 | Location: Rowley, MA USA | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can say whatever they want -- but in a forum where there is interest in that perspective. This is a private forum that has a mandated focus. These other jerks don't belong here. No one has said thay shouldn't be able to express themselves -- but let them go to a place where they are contributing to the purpose of the board.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha! and LOL. & all the other symbols. That Heretix is quite a character.

Did you read his bio? Peace Love, etc. LOL!

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
libRArY--Respectfully I must say--Why are you mocking him? He expressed his opinion, and he did it in a civil manner. I thought that was the kind of poster we wanted here, not just all Yes Men. We can debate and disagree about a variety of topics here, or so I thought. As for the topic under discussion--I feel any posters who are profane or slanderous should be deleted and even blocked. Since this is a publisher sponsored sight I think we should stick to topics about Ray and his works, realizing that sometimes these discussions lead to other avenues. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as it is done in a respectful manner. Personally, I think anyone who doesn't love Ray to death is an idiot , but they can post here anyway as long as they use some class.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said, Skipper. Besides, don't we come here to argue? You all may think I'm crazy for saying this, but it's true. Imagine how boring this site would be.
In example:

Poster 1: I like Ray Bradbury.
Poster 2: Yes. I enjoy his work, as well.
Poster 3: How interesting, because I like Ray Bradbury, too!
Poster 2: Wow! What a coincidence!
Poster 1: Do go on!
Poster 3: Ray Bradbury is great.
Poster 1: I think so, too...

(you get the idea)

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lnskipper:
Mocking? You didn't read his bio ,then. Written in his bio is that he is for love and peace,. Really? But he hates racists. And homophobes. Please explain how you get 'mocking' out of that. I agree. This is a Bradbury site. Topics like that should go into miscellaneous but never seem to do so.
By the way, I'm not here to win a popularity contest. People like scarywarhol who think that the topics he listed are boring, are boring themselves.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My, my my... It seem there are some minds here that don't just follow this "Library" persons every whim. Not a bunch of lemmings here... I thought this was a Nazi state and I was wrong. Just a few Nazis here NOT ALL. I think I will NOT be a "yes man" and just be nice from now on. I like the fact that some speak their own minds here. Kind of reminds me of 451... as a matter of fact. alot of what's been said here does. Ray must be laughing his butt off! I have proved my point.

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't personally know Library, but am far more supportive of his/her view than of those who can't distinguish between censorship sponsored by the government repressing all possibility of freedom, and a privately owned and sponsored site that aims to represent a publishing house and an author. It is just ridiculous to say that anyone who wants posters to stay on topic and manifest some decorum is a Nazi. You've proven nothing except that you don't have the slightest clue of what Nazism was about. Nor do you appear to understand the purpose of this board. It is to discuss Bradbury, his works, and themes. This is not a forum for homophobic, childish, mean-spirited hate dribble. That this distinction between the puposes of this board and a limitless freedom to spue hate is misunderstood comes as a surprise to me.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Dark, Your dribble tires me... Why don't you just confess you're gay and climb up to your mommy's breast and feed. You are the biggest yes man here. Besides, you just hate me because I'm black...

(This post is being allowed to stand because without it many of the following posts make no sense. Therefore, I am allowing it to remain. Now, how big of a Nazi am I? Dandelion.)

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 03-07-2005).]

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is too much.

Dandelion will be asked to delete MixedSignals from this site. This is an insult to the board.

MixedSignals, whoever you are, you need to realize, by some future time, that you can get it together. Really! But, for now, just not here!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MixedSignals46. I have a brother, who I love very much, who is gay. I have to hope that some day, in some future life, you grow up. I don't see much hope of it in the here and now. You have consistently manifest an uncanny ability to live in an anti-intellectual, anti-civil world. I'm sorry for you that this world you inhabit is so very small and petty. As I say, I'll hope your next life is on a bit of a higher plane.

posted Hide Post
Is there a reader's digest version of this thread available?

[This message has been edited by political veldt (edited 03-06-2005).]

Posts: 3 | Location: Guangzhou, China; San Diego, CA | Registered: 29 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post