Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
stay on , play on , no need for all the muss , i get it , i got it , i see you , i trust ..... in the middle and the back , in the blank of the blinkers blind side , starin at your own to eyes from the WETness that LEAKed in and took you by suprise .... but i would not glorify , any escape that turns a retreat into a prison for your mind , it's death by definition , death by impression , death by hallucinogenic visions , feelingsand thoughts , in a world that walked off and got lost . but i see a ray of light , guiding us through this sea of night , with some luck , help , hope and prayers , the voice less spoke , might speak up and rebuild what got broke

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
?

harvey101blind, would you care to explain, or should we just have this post deleted?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
harvey101blind, would you care to explain?

I think I've got it - Harvey is either under the influence of something hallucinogenic, or he's a beat poet, or he's intoxicated, or he's really blind and is striking all the wrong keys.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
right...... nope not under any influence .... i guess i should explain it better . the title free verse , or not , seemed to make more sense last night . i was trying to start a thing where anyone can write any poetry , or what have you , they felt like . that was off the top of my head . and yeah it wasnt very good . i guess sometimes theres gold , and sometimes theres that . i didnt realise it was in danger of being erased , but i see it is pretty sloppy , so feel free . i'm not sure of the rules here , just trying to start a free verse poem spot . like off the top of your head , or .... not . but damn i've upset philnic , and doug , so i must be out of place . didnt mean to . and that was pretty funny doug . . . . i got lost with GEORGE back in the day when i was young . so yeah that was thatreference . i find it funny though that there is a bradburyboard gestapo , going to delete what doesnt fit . it's just some not too great free verse fellas calm down . write a little yourselves . it's not supposed to be amazing . it's supposed to be honest . i dont really know much about beat poetry , is that what that is ? i wrote on here cause bradbury is one of the more influential writers of my life , and i like free verse . i admit that was not nearly as good as it seemed last night in my tired state . it's out of wack . but it's not as bad as you two have made it out to be . why dont you take a guess as to what it means . or write some of your own . or go on being the intellectual brown shirts of this page . i love writing so i do it , sometimes i'm even really good . maybe i'm off base . am i ?

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
harvey101blind, there's no gestapo. They would delete posts first, ask questions later. I just thought your post needed some introduction.

Over the years, various people have posted their own creative efforts on this board, and I have no major objection to that. (I may choose not to read it, if it's too lengthy, but that's a different matter.) No, my problem was that your post was virtually indistinguishable from some of the spam we sometimes fall victim to!

As for your influences, I thought not of beat poets, but of e.e.cummings...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
but damn i've upset philnic , and doug , so i must be out of place . didnt mean to . and that was pretty funny doug . . . . i got lost with GEORGE back in the day when i was young . so yeah that was thatreference .

No, you didn't upset me at all - I was just trying to figure you out.

Thanks for your kind remark.

Now, e.e. cummings away!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Free-form writing, eh? I have actually been a proponent of that for years. In fact, my partner in our production company writes like that constantly. He doesn't even clean it up for his editor! I, at least, do that much.

Here is the first line in a new story I'm currently writing. This line came almost without thought, like waking from a dream, and the rest soon followed. How do you like the opening paragraph?

"He remembered now. How could he not remember? It lay there before him like a freshly dug up corpse, stinking. It had been buried once - it was supposed to stay down there. He had almost forgotten it."

"Live Forever!"

<harvey101blind>
posted
thanks man . i took it wrong . e.e.cumming did influence me . "consider a man" was in a book of his my brother showed me . i read most of them and regurgitated this... to get this spot back on track:

forevering a stable thing ,
who's peacefullness is whole ,
untrembling , unflinching ,
stable thing.

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
How do you like the opening paragraph?

"He remembered now. How could he not remember? It lay there before him like a freshly dug up corpse, stinking. It had been buried once - it was supposed to stay down there. He had almost forgotten it."[/QUOTE]

sinks in and shivers . i like that

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
sinks in and shivers . i like that

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
e.e., ?
maybe...
ezra, well, ok now -

"L'art

Green arsenic smeared on an egg-white cloth,
Crushed strawberries! Come, let us feast our eyes."
— Ezra Pound

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard this song for the first time today and it really reminded me of Ray. The author says it is not about drugs but the power of imagination: http://www.cowboylyrics.com/ly...gal-smile-10841.html

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Heard this song for the first time today and it really reminded me of Ray. The author says it is not about drugs but the power of imagination: http://www.cowboylyrics.com/ly...gal-smile-10841.html

You just heard Prine's Illegal Smile!? All-time classic! The album (his first) is wonderful. Highly suggesting getting it. JP is one of my top five favourite songwriters.

"Live Forever!"

<harvey101blind>
posted
what i wana do is take you the way of waterfalls and rainbows , stone sober , buzzin on the vibe , of good times with good intentions , honestly just livin for the while while were alive . and i long to take you , mold myself to you , melt you all over me , and breathe you deep . hold you in . long as i can . let you out then start all over again . untill we are satisfied , that there will be another time . cause when i look ,,,,, in your eyes ,,,,,,,, theres something bright shines a light to me in mine , and only we can see , if lighthouses somehow could meet . and tangle up the sheet or the damp moss , swim underneath and waterfalls . i'll keep you forever , forever inside of me , in a special place with other magic memories , that but for a short time could be . and when i'm older and your gone , i'll dust myself off with our memories , and i will breathe them deep hold them in untill i buzz again ,

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
e.e., ?
maybe...
ezra, well, ok now -

"L'art

Green arsenic smeared on an egg-white cloth,
Crushed strawberries! Come, let us feast our eyes."
— Ezra Pound

thanks for the introduction to ezra . reading his bio now .

"What thou lovest well remains, the rest is dross
What thou lov'st well shall not be reft from thee
What thou lov'st well is thy true heritage
Whose world, or mine or theirs or is it of none?
First came the seen, then thus the palpable Elysium, though it were in the halls of hell,
What thou lovest well is thy true heritage
What thou lov'st well shall not be reft from thee

The ant's a centaur in his dragon world.
Pull down thy vanity,
It is not man made courage, or made order, or made grace,
Pull down thy vanity, I say pull down.
Learn of the green world what can be thy place
In scaled invention or true artistry,
Pull down thy vanity, Paquin pull down!
The green casque has outdone your elegance.

"Master thyself, then others shall thee beare"
Pull down thy vanity
Thou art a beaten dog beneath the hail,
A swollen magpie in a fitful sun,
Half black, half white
Nor knowst'ou wing from tail
Pull down thy vanity
How mean thy hates
Fostered in falsity,
Pull down thy vanity,
Rathe to destroy, niggard in charity,
Pull down thy vanity, I say pull down.