Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
babble irreverence , never forget the edge is the future , of a disconnected marsupial , living on poisonous plants that serve as a conduit , to the infinite dance , like lovers for the first time experiencing chance , blind luck , mixed with some faith , and a will for something extraordinary , i swear i bleed marrow , like purple mountains majesty , and a whole lottta love , this future bleeds irreverent bliss , but it seems to have missed , something somewhere , maybe a glitch ? just play it poetic , and nevrmind it all away , luck take us away , win or loose we came to play

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i came across this today

"The general opinion is not always the perfect truth..." Giordano Bruno is still quoted. Such remarks produced expensive, bitter consequences: On 17th of February 1600 he publicly was burnt at the stake after eight years of torture and dungeon detention. Today the Piazza Campo dei Fiori where this statue stands has become a monument to free thinking; adjacent to the statue, is the "Fahrenheit 451" bookstore, named after Ray Bradbury's 1953 novel expounding freedom of thought.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Harvey, and all you good folks here,

it's been a while since I've posted here, hope your ok ? I liked your last 3 poems harvey, you always put together words and moods,and colours in a good way...
sorry I haven't put any new stuff on recently but once again I've been having a bad time with my skin condition etc as I've recently had to spend 5 days in hospital again, I got it all sorted but then I've got these 2 new infections as a knock on effect.... well anyway the good news is I'm on the mend but, god this is a bad really bad skin condition, thankfully it's very rare disease but my advice to you all in general is try not to get too stressed as it's not worth messing up your health for,,I'll get there I try to keep positive and calm, listen to music, read, and do some art it's all a big help also i'm going to try and get back into the poems, writing etc I do have some stuff but they're on scraps of paper etc so just need to re-type them which I will do very soon,

here's one of the top of my head.. a free verse
it's hard to write like this sometimes but a good challenge too,,,,

free falling, stalling,
imagining I'm sailing on
a plate glass sea,
an ocean full onf memories,
skies passing me by,
how many sunsets and sunrises
have I missed ??
music inspires sets my mind alight,
a melody free forming on a summer's day
with the wind blowing in our hair
we'll walk around the lake once more.

just afew words can have power and strenght
to move us,or possess us,they can build us up
hold us up on a rainy day,,
words are like autumn leaves blowing the blues away, tell me a story or rewind a memory
they both have the same affect on my mind in a way,
slipping, sliding down a hill in my childhood
a wheel spinning, a roundabout, a swing to take me high again, amoment's what I'm looking for, just a glance a smile, a whisper of a good day
is what I want more and more,,,

a hill, to climb, rising high taking steps following in the muddy footprints of a bigger man, a glance was all it took, lets collect the summer fruits of our youth, and distil them like
in ray's dandilion vine, forever there and sparkling for each and everyone of us,
yes I guess that's what I'm looking for,
I guess that's what keeps me going, keeps me growing

yes,,
I guess that's what I'm always looking for..

that felt good bur it takes it out of you , but in a good way,,,
cheers regards Harvey, and one and all,

Dave

<harvey101blind>
posted
wish you where here , bygone ghosts with moby dick like spears , calling on trust for like the millionth time , when honesty and memories will always show , real sees real , and other rehab montra melodies , these are the walls i bump and bounce across , if life was a waterfall , we'd see it like watching snowfall. i've come across puka's and angels they make time crawl , i am always happy to laugh at coincidence , at the maps and graphs , at the happy after laugh , i glow in the crazy blacklit moonlight , like the memories they skip across till time in us gets lost , i shatter against the simpleness of watching from above

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
http://youtu.be/e1IxOS4VzKM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <harvey101blind>,

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
i hear something like a train coming from far away , the vibrations are shaking my world , jittering my teeth , bringing me visions , i feel like a kite trying to be pulled off the ground , sometimes i yell but there is no sound , maybe you should just come down , the reflection of water , much like my memories , particle physics has always confused me , i breathe matter , worlds upon worlds , time upon time , but when i close my eyes where the fuck am i ? driftwood ,,,, everybody treading on me , magic has it's place , words clutter true meaning , i'm forever disabled in some way , skipter you broke , stop , a tide is rushing , the world and the myself are gone somewhere out there in space/time , i'm sifting through the atoms one by one , they are cumbersome , i'm sorry did somebody make a song called fuck me ray bradbury . the waters have muddied , and they have soaked the bottom of my pants . my heart is shrinking , give the grinch a second chance , broken open and robbed of whatever descency taught the thief , cheated are we , danger of the naive

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
rage rage rage against the wall , blind it all , forever if it takes , to build it back up to what it should be , god damn this hypocracy , vampires , with needles giving you health , and a brainwashing for yourself , i literally cry at whats gone by , we now living are the few that remember that new , that it wasnt always so empty , or was it , was i just to young , so fucking cumbersome

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
break break break the reverberator , stomp the pettles flat under bare skin , i'm just wishing , cause i'm missing everything , where when and why , i'm climatized , and miscatagorised , i'm lost in these tides , am i the only one swimming in waters over my head in a squall that i know the whole world is drowning in , but they think they are snorkling , what magic is this , what seminar did i miss ,,,,,, bang the gavel hard , open up the stars , just get out , walk , and leave your cars , stop playing the game , toy boats playing in a hurricane , am i wrong , cause man nothings the same , theres plenty to blame , i feel no shame

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
womp>>>>> and dave where are you man , i miss your words buddy , and i hope your ok , you mean alot to me man, as silly as that is

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Harvey, and eveyone who tunes in,

Sorry haven't been writing here for a while, I got bit more worse recently, and for a while my skin condition wasn't improving or changing, but great news! I have a feeling I've definately now turning a big corner and things improving with my skin, and general health and well-being... it's been a long time and though I've still got bit of a way to go, it gives me lots of hope and is keeping me positive too,,

anyway, just to say Harvey liking your recent threads, good stuff as usual, hope things ok with you too? Also appriciate your words and no it's not silly you saying that,these postings and your words too have been a really big help to me, during this tough time, I've said it before but words,meanings,music and art are so powerful, so real it's only when you listen and look that you feel the power and the emotion, so big thanks Harvey and others on this site !!

my pc crashed a while ago so spent forever re-putting everything,programes,etc back on also my typing speeds so slow, so here's 2 new writings got more to come, but will put them on later rather than sooner ok ........

STORM
It’s quite here in the eye of the storm; the noise is in the parallels alongside the static dreamers
The sounds come in waves, like a 12 ton wheel or a barrel of thunder.
It’s calmer amongst these rocks, the pain still comes and go’s but it can’t always be here.
That’s what I believe, that’s how I feel........
So push the stones from my door I’m stepping out once more into another bright tomorrow.
It’s ok on the other side; it’s brighter once you get there.

You know we’ve got to make our own magic,
find our own places and spaces,
to make our world tick.
We’ll have to make our own utopia on another wet Sunday afternoon,
Don’t just look for gems in the yester year, its here today in your heart, mind and spirit,
So come on let’s get it on
That’s what I believe, that’s how I feel.......

and........

HONK !
Honk if you’ve heard this before, but the churches maybe replaced by the TV’s on the wall,
The media’s already worshipped daily in every home in every workplace.
Will religion become like the dinosaurs, a relic, a story, a myth once more?
Dug up in a far distant future –recreated into a digital reconstruction.
A film to admire for its effects not really your worst nightmare!!
Will books be replaced by sound-bytes, clips or gossip?
Guess the futures not working for us anymore.
The answers not only in the skies, lets return to the caves, the fields and forests
And let’s start it again...

Honk if you’ve heard this before, if you don’t feel connected to this world anymore?
I read a headline which read “facebook-12 billion can be wrong!”
Let’s just disconnect from the walls it’s as simple as that and affirm your life once more.
It’s only a series blips and dots from the petroleum age, a motor car without any wheels anymore.
What’s up with folks! Has history taught us nothing new at all?
At schools we read write and explore, be that child once again experience the wonder,
The miracles and the sensations of the world once more.
But sometimes as adults we seem to learn to forget. Learn to forget.
Though it’s not always like that,

Honk if you’ve heard this before, honk if you’re on a rough sea, looking for that raft,
Can’t seem to see the bright stars through the clouds, but they’ve there if you look carefully.
Honk if you’re able to take yourself away from the TV,
Only a man could invent a gun, a bomb, a blues buster, a spirit taker
Just one of many.
But it’s not all like that, there are those who care, chose another path,
but it seems there’s not enough,
They are becoming like ghosts nobody believes in them anymore...

Honk,
Oh! did I wake you from your slumber, have you heard this before??

cheers to you,Harvey and one and all, be good to hear your new stuff,look forward to it !

all the best Dave

<harvey101blind>
posted
http://youtu.be/WibmcsEGLKo

chaplin the great dictator speech

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
, Hi Harvey, my old mate.. all the best for this holiday time even though I'm not a big fan of it !(Xmas) although it's over blown and hyped up, if nothing else the sentiments are right....
great clip by the way, not seen it before, what year was it made ?? though so spot on about these times,charlie was so right,

as well as Ray's work and other sci-fi writers, check out stuff by H.G Wells he cold see the future, so right it shocks you sometimes...

I was inspired to do a bit of free verse, it's good like walking on a tight rope or a spin on thin ice, or running on the beach on a moon-lite night,,a free falling experience into the dark night,
but good fun when it comes out right or just interesting.... just wrote this one...

THIS BOOK

After all these years this book is getting heavy-heavier
The pages are a map of all the places you’ve ever been to,
Memories are like photographs burning in my mind.
The sky’s only half full of clouds today
Like the fall of the first leaf of autumn,
Taking me on another journey, won’t you come along?

Night’s riding on the crest of another morning, yarning taking us down,
The sun’s a surprise when I see it once again peering through those clouds.
Awake!! Lets become awake, like we’ve been born again, once more.
Loose papers and drawings are free to fall from this note book,
No pages are fixing, my compass is liberated to spin.
This book’s still been written, by you, me and everyone we come in contact with;
Feel free to add lib, join in or make your own.....

Another dream comes to mind on a hot sunny day,
of walking through the tall grass my spirit swoops and sways.
Like a scene from some old movie, melancholic but provocative all at once.
Like a Catherine wheel still able to spin on a wet November morning,
the cobble stones are drier were the fire once laid.
Sparks and flames break out from the dying embers
Just like the spirit it can’t be broken. Come on lets run like the wind
Through these old black and white streets.

If this book could dance, given half a chance, though it doesn’t want to be a top seller
That’s not what my writing about, though it could scream and shout!
But hear the whispers instead, a quiet voice, inside, fills my head
Another dream, one more of these days we’re all so lucky in a way.
And you know, it’s how it all begins and began.
Just words and scribbles in my school books, a drawing that caught the teacher’s eye.
But I wouldn’t have it any other way, this book is being written by you and me today...

Cheers, regards to everyone! Dave
ps be back in a short while.

<harvey101blind>
posted
hullo friend , peace on earth and mercy mild god and sinners reconciled. love and forgiveness sound good to me. though i have my problems with swallowing pills, especially from old doctors with shady track records . . . . i liked your poem. your a good man dave. i hope your improving faster. my mind is fuddled right now , i havent been sleeping , so it was nice find a poem here to read. funny i had a feeling i would , like when you think of a friend and the phone rings and it's them. pooka business is what that is. or angel, or ancient alien haha. .... so i'm tired , i wrote that below , and was gonna erase it , but then i didnt . so there it is.

things that will never be again....lapses in time, i realized recently that when i look back, searching my memories, i'm focusing on me, puzzle pieces of myself, trying to see where they go, my brain has many holes, senile under 30 from a youth spent escaping through the night, escaping realities insanities, the pain is real , where illusions run shivers shining like stainless steal , but all that escaping only led to more breaking till my island was floating away, looking at a ghost in the mirror, looking at the past, stranger fading fast. my sieve hands , leave me empty , and tease at hope , so gullible me everytime. I trust you, all i can do, it's my way of avoiding and conceding defeat

Report This Post