Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Beaver's New Cloths

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beaver's New Cloths
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury is a big collector of movie memorabilia, as is perhaps the biggest fan of all time, Forrest J. Ackerman. It’s nice to know that Ray has one of Disney’s models of the Twenty Thousand Leagues sub and that the “Ackermonster” has the robot used in “Metropolis”. Dorothy’s ruby slippers are kicking around someplace and if they hadn’t burned it in place of Atlanta, the wall from the original “King Kong” might still be standing. My son and I had a telephone conversation the other day about how much we had enjoyed the Narnia film and he asked if I had noticed what the beaver was wearing on the battlefield and I had missed the fact that he was wearing armor. A beaver wearing armor; now that’s a pretty good trick. Back in the 50’s someone might have ended up with that in their collection, but today—not a chance. It doesn’t exist. Computer Generated Image (CGI). Films are more believable now but there’s something sad about that kind of difference. Perhaps the twentieth century was the golden age of film and now we have begun the silver age. Things are better in some ways but I have mixed feelings about what we are left with.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post