Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Rays still just a big kid at heart and I see him EVERYWHERE!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rays still just a big kid at heart and I see him EVERYWHERE!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Ray and fellow forum members,
first can I start by saying that I have never read one of Rays books. Wow what a terrible admission that is AND a devastating way to start my first posting on this forum.

Why am I on this forum then? well basically because I seem to share so many interests with Ray and whenever I watch a DVD with extras he his often there on screen enthusing about subject matter I am also passionate about. Whether it be the works of the superb RAY HARRYHAUSEN or early horror films, its always a joy to hear Ray reflecting on his love for the subject and giving his memories.

Most recently I watched a great documentary concerning the unforgettable LON CHANEY and...yes...there was Ray again, clearly a devoted fan, bringing a tear to my eye as he described how Chaneys death was the end of the world for him as a child, very moving.

What strikes me the most about Ray is that even though he is an elderly gent, he has never lost an ounce of his enthusiasm, love or respect for the movies, people and writers that have influenced him, theres a light in his eyes, a look on his face as he talks about them which takes you back decades...you could be listening to a teenage Ray! I think its this lust for life and unfetted joy at thinks he enjoys that has endeared him to me and although I am totally unaware of his literary works Id like to think that if I got chatting to him at a bus stop, a library or anywhere else, it would be a sheer joy.

As his books inspire many, his outlook on life, passion for the influences in his life inspire me. What a truly nice guy!

Paul

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never_grow_old

WoW! Wonderfully described!

Never read a Bradbury book? Hey there are all sorts of ways to meet Ray Bradbury. When I was in elementary school, I simply saw his name on a magazine cover. THAT was enough for me.

Which gives me an idea for a topic:
"How Other than Reading a Story of Book by Ray Bradbury Did you Discover the Author for the First Time?" Should get around to posting that one.

_

By the way...
WELCOME to this Bradbury website. Tomorrow Ray Bradbury will celebrate his 85th Birthday! Take time to sign in your birthday wishes to Ray Bradbury in the forum titled 'Ray's Legacy', with the 'birthday' topic heading.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually we should envy you never having read his books as you have so much to look forward to!

You know that song, "You are Everything, and Everything is You"? When you're as much in love with someone as I am with Ray, you see reminders of them in just about everything.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post