Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Dreamy and romantic

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamy and romantic
 Login/Join

posted
Wonderful idea to commune with other Bradbury lovers. Or critics, to be fair.
I missed an event in my hometown in Oklahoma, in which Mr. Bradbury spoke at a library and received a literary award. I, a full time student and over time worker to make meager ends meet, had to work that day or be fired. I could have made haste to live and meet the man, but I chose the practical end. I have been kicking my practical end ever since.
When I read Bradbury, the dreamy and romantic little kid in me comes out to play.
I can almost watch it happen as I turn the pages: amorphous pieces of this and that are tied and glued and stitched until presented to me as a permanent structure that I can grasp, smell and taste with moving clarity.
That is how I would describe Mr. Bradbury's work.
No matter how much time goes by between my picking up one of his books, there is always a golden thread of that Bradbury magic in my mind. Hats off to the greatest author of all time.

Greta

Posts: 1 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury came to Oklahoma? Where? And when?

I currently reside in Stillwater.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post