Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Amazing Pictures of Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazing Pictures of Ray
 Login/Join

posted
UCLA have just opened up an archive of photographs (searchable) and I found two excellent pictures of Ray. One with his dearly departed wife, Maggie, and another of him posing with a drawing. Well worth a look.

Here they are:

Enjoy

Posts: 17 | Registered: 28 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. That's someone you don't see too many photographs off - Maggie.

2. That second photo has been reversed, you notice?

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found another, kind of Ray related, of Forest J Ackerman. Wonder who else might be in here?

posted Hide Post
Pray, give us the (My Name is) URL.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops! Should have put it in the original post. Apologies.

http://www2.library.ucla.edu/

THIS IS A BETTER LINK: http://unitproj.library.ucla.edu/dlib/lat/

I've done some more searches, but found nothing yet. I found the Ray pictures searching for 'fiction'.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WaitingTom,

posted Hide Post
quote:
2. That second photo has been reversed, you notice?

I wouldn't have. Very astute, Doug!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this one, too!

ImageOLDRAY33PIX.jpg (239 Kb, 17 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... WaitingTom:

... By the way, that is an absolutely wonderful link.
... Much thanks!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great link! Great photos of Ray. I suppose you could spend hours going thru the UCLA photos. By the way, anyone know who exactly that piece of art is the work of that Ray is looking at?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AWESOME link!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a treasure of images! This could open up a whole new posting topic. Since the site is SO extensive, how about a string of interesting finds that may be, though not exactly RB related, historically and character significant - or simply thought provoking?

The B&W adds to the artistry of the pictures.

We could spend days filtering through the photos. "Many hands make light work."

IE: I like the magic in this one!
http://unitproj.library.ucla.edu/dlib/lat/display.cfm?m...lat_1429_b644_261927

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradbury Building: He has a letterhead that is graced with this architecture. Also, fire at the site.
http://unitproj.library.ucla.edu/dlib/lat/subject.cfm?subject=168732

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Bradbury Building: He has a letterhead that is graced with this architecture. Also, fire at the site.
http://unitproj.library.ucla.edu/dlib/lat/subject.cfm?subject=168732

I've seen that building in many films, most recently Wolf and an episode of Quantum Leap, but I never knew it was called the Bradbury building. Fantastic find. UCLA should be applauded for opening up this archive.

posted Hide Post
The images are remarkably clear - pristine!

Black and White is a beautiful thing.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaitingTom:
I've seen that building in many films, most recently Wolf and an episode of Quantum Leap, but I never knew it was called the Bradbury building.

Some of you no doubt know this already, but that building was architected by Forry Ackerman's grandfather.

He tells a wonderful story about its beginnings. I have the footage from a recent interview I conducted with him. Will work on posting it online as time permits.

"Live Forever!"