Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
"Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories." – Ray Bradbury

That's one of the quotes we use in our film Father Electrico.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.” Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"Don't look left or right, look straight ahead, get your work done, enjoy your work, do what you want to do, not what someone else wants you to do."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"I wonder how many men, hiding their youngness, rise as I do, Saturday mornings, filled with the hope that Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck will be there waiting as our one true always and forever salvation?"

- Ray Bradbury (at age 69)

posted Hide Post
"I feel like I own all the kids in the world because, since I've never grown up myself, all my books are automatically for children."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
While the following quote is not by Ray Bradbury, it reminded me of his great love for books and libraries:

"To learn to read is to light a fire, every syllable spelled out is a spark."

- Victor Hugo

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but this is one of my favourites from Zen in the Art of Writing:

'Plot is no more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.'

Posts: 1 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 April 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
"I wonder how many men, hiding their youngness, rise as I do, Saturday mornings, filled with the hope that Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck will be there waiting as our one true always and forever salvation?"

- Ray Bradbury (at age 69)

This morning I watched, as I do most Saturday mornings, another disc in my DVD collection of the Looney Tunes - that wascally wabbit! Then, for good measure, I followed it with two Hal Roach shorts - an Our Gang and a Laurel & Hardy!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“The ability to fantasize is the ability to survive.”

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"I believe we are better than we think we are, and worse than we can imagine, which gives me hope. Yes, hope, hope hope! We will survive our worst attempts to hurt ourselves."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"I've been at the circus all my life and I never came out."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
I used to think of this quote when Stephen Hawking used to say we must move beyond earth. I think of now when I hear Elon Must say the same thing. Perhaps they were echoing Bradbury?

We've gotta become the Martians. I'm a Martian...I tell you to become Martians. And we've gotta go to Mars and civilize Mars and build a whole civilization on Mars and then move out, 300 years from now into the universe. And when we do that, we have a chance of living forever. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 18 | Registered: 07 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When I look back upon my childhood, I find I lived in a state of near hysteria waiting for Buck Rogers to slap onto my front porch each night in the evening paper. I exulted waiting to read the next Tom Swift book. I prowled the Waukegan Town Library for new volumes of Verne, Stevenson and Wells. The library was the greenhouse in which I, a very strange plant indeed, grew up, exploding with seeds."

- Ray Bradbury