Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Utopia in Bradbury's works?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utopia in Bradbury's works?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for Bradbury stories that are more utopian than dystopian, perhaps more hopeful, something similar in tone to Dandelion Wine?

Thank you!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 May 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Science Fiction stories, or any stories?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Science Fiction stories, or any stories?

Any would be great. Thank you!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 May 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is difficult to answer because it still isn't clear exactly what you mean. Bradbury didn't write any utopian stories, leastways, none that I can think of.

Or do you mean any stories that are sunny in tone or optimistic in outlook? Because there are plenty of those. By my count, there are 372 stories in the collections issued during Bradbury's lifetime (excluding ephemera such as limited editions).

Are you looking for assistance with an assignment or any other kind of academic required work? Because if so, you should state the terms of the question or assignment. Otherwise, the question is easily answered by simply reading the books.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: douglasSP,

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post