Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help on finding a book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on finding a book
 Login/Join

posted
Hi people, is a pleasure to find a place where Ray Bradbury´s readers are living.
I am deeply dissapointed with my memory, hope you can help.
Many years ago I was reading a story in a book, a chapter may be, and now I can´t find it, even after a long revision work.

In a particular piece of that story, there were just a man and a woman sitting on top of a hill, and they were talking about the intense strange feeling of staying in the middle of the american continent, only sorrounded by earth, with no other people in thousands of miles.
That is all I remember, sorry, nothing before nor after, and would be truly happy to meet again with that book, if anyone of you can recognize what am I telling.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Mariano

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 May 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MR4, the only Ray Bradbury story I could think of that comes close to what you have described is "The Last Night of the World", originally published in Esquire Magazine in 1951. A link to that story is below if you would like to check it out. Perhaps other Board members will have additional ideas.

https://www.esquire.com/entert...t-of-the-world-0251/

Posts: 2446 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Richard for your link, I ve enjoyed that beautiful story, yet not is my mysterious one.

Best regards

posted Hide Post
OH MY GOD. Please could anyone help me with telling the titles of the two stories that i desperately like but somehow managed to forget how they are called??
The first one is about a some sort of producer i suppose who occasionally meets gay couple on the beach. They quarrel and he decides to help out the guy who is more depressed and more gloomy. Before that, he also reflects about his dream about being life guard. So, he sees it as his chance
And the second one is about mister electrico where he tells that the protagonist of the story resembles him his old friend who died in the WW I
Guys, please, i have been thinking about these two all summer!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Russia | Registered: 31 August 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MR4, I don't know if you ever re-visit this forum, and it's been about a year since your last post. However, another Ray Bradbury story that might fit your description is "The Vacation". The couple, though, is on a beach, not a hill, and have their young son with them. "The Vacation" can be found in Ray's collection THE MACHINERIES OF JOY, as well as Knopf's THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY. Just a thought.

Posts: 2446 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Richard, I m still on my search, I will look at your suggestion.