Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help please... Seeking Bradbury poem

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help please... Seeking Bradbury poem
 Login/Join

posted
Years ago, I read a Bradbury poem in a magazine about 'mother on the lawn in the moonlight.' Shared with mymom & would like to read it at her funeral tomorrow. Can't find a copy--need ASAP. Can anyone help?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the poem you are looking for is "That Woman on the Lawn." It can be found in the following Bradbury poetry collections. Check a local library (or used bookstore) to see if they have a copy of any of these books:

WHEN ELEPHANTS LAST IN THE DOORYARD BLOOMED, by Ray Bradbury (Knopf, 1973)

THE COMPLETE POEMS OF RAY BRADBURY, by Ray Bradbury (Ballantine Books, 1982)

THEY HAVE NOT SEEN THE STARS, by Ray Bradbury (Stealth Press, 2002)

Condolences on your mother's passing.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe it's also in A Chapbook for Burnt out Priest and Rabbis.

Condolences as well.

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also in I Live By The Invisible.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He later turned it into a short story in "Driving Blind." So sorry about your mother.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and great info. I now have some titles to find & buy. But I would love to be able to share with a small group tomorrow morning. I have called all the used bookstores & our library is closed for repairs. Not knowledgeable about copyrights on these boards, but I would be SO grateful if someone had the time & could key the poem "That Woman on the Lawn" in for me. Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
You are very welcome. My condolences too. I lost my mother in May. For copyright reasons I have removed the poem (though I don't think Ray would mind).

Bill Touponce

[This message has been edited by wtouponc (edited 08-02-2004).]

Posts: 19 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 27 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, wtouponc, & all readers of Bradbury. The poem touches me at it did 25 years ago, & your help touches me even more.

posted Hide Post
So did you e-mail dshors a copy of the poem?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post