Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Maybe you should give us a list... Now that WOULD be morbid!

Obviously the list of people I don't know or don't like would be much longer than that of those I do, as I know only a certain number of people.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandy, if you declaration comes to pass I have only this to say: I'm glad you know me!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
dandy, if you declaration comes to pass I have only this to say: I'm glad you know me!

To know you is to love you. Don't worry, if they come for you we'll pull an Aunt Tildy and send 'em packing!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blake Edwards.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are not listening. My pet kitty, Captain, passed away today at the age of only 12. RIP.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
They are not listening. My pet kitty, Captain, passed away today at the age of only 12. RIP.

Awww... I know how you feel. I lost my beloved Romani Silver-Knight last year at the age of ten. A beautiful, sweet Nebulung.

Onward, Captain!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You’ve fallen cold and dead.

R. I. P. Captain 1998-2010.

posted Hide Post
My two send you paw-pats. Be well dandelion.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. His full name was Captain Dandelion McCat. Captain from the fox in The Secret Garden, Dandelion from Dandelion Wine, and Ray added the "McCat" when I wrote him about having named Captain. If I can't get the full name on a stone, I will try for "Captain D. McCat."

posted Hide Post
Condolences, dandelion, he was a beautiful kitty!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to read that Cori, My Maggie Mo (Beagle) passed away 2 years ago at the age of 15.
My heart goes out to you.
Take care.
Randy

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear about that, Dandy, especially as I have a kitty too, and I know how much joy they bring.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,
I´m so sorry. I love cats and Captain was really beautiful. I imagine how you feel now. I love what you wrote.
Rosalia

Posts: 7 | Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina | Registered: 09 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Verne Langdon A friend of 4E, I knew Verne. I believe I last saw him at ComicCon 2008 with 4E and James Warren at the Famous Monsters Panel. I have a great (short) video I posted on YouTube of RB arriving at the FM table to surprise 4E, while Jim and Verne sign autographs (the multi-tasking Verne munching a sandwich at the time).

Anne Francis Thanks to jkt for sharing this. Remember, George Clayton Johnson wrote for her on the series Honey West.

Pete Postlethwaite

That's three. Postlethwaite is a good word.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"