Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Harper's Bazaar

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harper's Bazaar
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
In need of help. Does anybody know if Bradbury ever published in Harper's Bazaar.
I don't think he did but just thought i'd throw the question out there and make sure.
Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: 30 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Harper's Bazaar, but he published quite a few stories in Harper's Magazine - a different publication which was originally from the same stable.

Harper's Magazine (and Harper's Monthly) appearances are:

The Better Part of Wisdom - 1976
The Cold Wind and the Warm - 1964
The Day it Rained Forever - 1957
The Man Upstairs - 1947
A Wild Night in Galway - 1959

It is possible that some of his stories have been RE-printed in Bazaar, but none of them made their first appearance there.

There's a full list of Bradbury short stories and where they first appeared in the short story finder on my website.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then there was that young copy editor at Mademoiselle Magazine who literally picked Ray’s submission out of the waste basket and got it printed. This was the first time one of Ray’s stories appeared in a “mainstream” publication.

The story was The Homecoming. The copy editor was Truman Capote.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, both of you.
Happy New year.
Matthew

Posts: 2 | Location: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: 30 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post