Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Let's Talk about The MOVIES!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Talk about The MOVIES!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It needs more participation that actually relates to Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything in the universe relates to Ray Bradbury. The trick is in making the connections!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and there have been a few Bradbury-related movies since 2009!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stan and Ollie is Bradbury-related, as well. We know who was front row, center for this Irish show!

And John C Reilly - the last time I was with him was at the unveiling party for the Bradbury statue. I was on my way to a Bradbury play (with Ray) later that night and invited John C and his wife, but they had supper plans.

It really is a small world!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As mentioned here, https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...1083901/m/1227096776 I finally got to see The Music Box.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone who has seen Stan and Ollie want to discuss it?

posted Hide Post
I see it on Tuesday.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I just the other day found out they did a new Fahrenheit movie last year. I'm in the middle of it now. Like Truffaut's movie (and I love Truffaut, at least his own films) this movie gets almost everything wrong, and yet has some moments that are so spot-on and great interpretations, that I can't hate it. But neither can I love it.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad how they manage to miss the mark, and yet. They try.

posted Hide Post
The scene with the old lady setting her books on fire was the only scene they got right in this horrible adaptation.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I liked the school rally, and the firemen chanting excitedly en route to the burnings. When Montag first reveals the contents of his vent, being random odds and ends, a postcard perhaps. Not really knowing what he's looking for. Referring to the books as "graffiti." Little moments and details like that were a nice touch. But overall, storywise, what were they thinking!?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groon:
...what were they thinking!?

They weren't.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Whether you enjoyed or even saw The Rifleman, Johnny Crawford and his brother Robert Crawford Jr. are some of the kindest people anyone could ever meet! It was one of the thrills of my life to be able to tell Johnny Crawford that The Rifleman was the first show I ever saw the day we finally got a TV set which worked, and I watched it for years. I hung out for hours with them at the final (so far) Festival of the West and they were friendly and extremely concerned, to the point of driving me to where I could catch a ride back to my hotel and saying they wished they could do more! Johnny's wife is also a wonderful sweet person. I cherish a photograph signed by them both. My love and concern flows out to them and I would urge everyone to donate anything they can.

www.gofundme.com/johnny-crawfo...ik0I9mZSbIkTLEHDOLqs

posted Hide Post
Although Rocketman has little to do with Ray except the title song being inspired by his story of the same title, and being partly set in L. A., it is fantastic and you are all commanded to see it!

posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen The Window from 1949? It aired on TCM today and the plot is similar enough to "The Screaming Woman" that I wonder if it was an influence. It is also similar to the Hitchcock film Rear Window.