Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Please help me find this story.:confused:

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help me find this story.:confused:
 Login/Join

posted
It was a story I read while in high school about a caucasian man who is the subject of reverse racism. I think he was in mexico, and something happened where cauasians became the minority. I'm not entirely sure about the plot, but I'm pretty sure about the racism part of it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like, "And the Rock Cried Out". It's collected in the new Bradbury anthology:

BRADBURY STORIES: 100 OF BRADBURY'S MOST CELEBRATED TALES. Ray Bradbury. HarperCollins, NY. 2003.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! I think that's the one I'm looking for. Here's a synopsis I found for anyone interested in the story.

"And the Rock Cried Out," follows two wealthy travelers in Africa who discover they're the last white people on earth. Their punishment for the West's constant imperialism is the loss of all worldly possessions and a life devoted to menial labor.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're definitely not in Africa. As I remember the story, it's set in Mexico.

Posts: 110 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Mexico or South America, and they're not the last white people left on earth, they're the last North Americans left in that area.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post