Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    anyone cared enough to share the truth of heaven with you?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone cared enough to share the truth of heaven with you?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

WildGravity, you do have to take note that a lot of Bradbury's works have been influenced in one way or another by his early religious Christian upbringing. Tho he has gotten away from lot of those early beliefs and instead installed mysticism and strange ideologies compared to what he was earlier presented with, a strong thread of influence from God' working runs thru his creative work. This only makes for difficulty in analyzing a man who has shut off a lot of overt expression of early religious truths, tho its strong indelible "ink" of sorts remains fastened.

I'm a devout christian, and wasnt questioning Ray bradburys analogies of spirituality. I'm not really sure where that assumption came from?

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
There's more than one way to burn a book.

Big Grin

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

But did they also frighten you with maniacal eschatological spewings?

Scared the hell out of me!

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scared the hell out of me!

I think they were trying to scare it into you!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That may have worked.

The philosiphy of Christ_ The spirituality I have no qualms with. Its the aspect of organized religion (relijun) and control I have an issue with.

posted Hide Post
Well, there is certainly an abundance of disorganized religion, and a commensurate dearth of self-control!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The philosophy of Christ, the spirituality I have no qualms with. Its the aspect of organized religion (relijun) and control I have an issue with.

You hit the nail on the proverbial head!

That's why I identify myself as an "Episcopagan".

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Well, there is certainly an abundance of disorganized religion, and a commensurate dearth of self-control!

Indeed, sir! And mis-organized religion, I might add!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Where's ronald, by the way? Is he one of those "hit-and-run" posters (spammers)?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Could be, or maybe he's busy mascotting at one of a popular chain of fast food restaurants?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swing that gospel axe, ronald!

Swing it!

posted Hide Post
Gospel axe? Is that anything like a "prayer wheel"?

The very term makes me chuckle.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Chuckle is a good word - aha, philnic!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Chortle is better. Or guffaw.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have a point.

"Live Forever!"