Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NEW William F. Nolan book about Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW William F. Nolan book about Ray
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.hippocampuspress.co...-by-william-f.-nolan

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: How would one get an autographed copy of this very fine themed edition? "I am indeed interested!"
f

(We met Mr. Nolan at Mr. B's 89th and had a quite friendly exchange with him. He signed a copy of my long-used classroom edition of F451 - with all of my anecdotal notes and highlights. It was also signed that day by the author and Captain Beatty (Michael Prichard). Mr. Nolan impressed us as a fine gentleman and ultimately dear friend of Mr. Bradbury!)

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could book train passage for April 7th since Bill will be down here for the "Paperback Show."

http://www.la-vintage-paperback-show.com/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, 43 hrs 13 mins / 2804.21 miles... "One way!"

How about a contact mailing address with all expenses paid for shipping... "Round trip!"
Thanks.
f

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
jkt, 43 hrs 13 mins / 2804.21 miles... "One way!"

How about a contact mailing address with all expenses paid for shipping... "Round trip!"
Thanks.
f

I'll have you know I have to drive 12 miles to get to the event. Then again, I'm the "author wrangler" for the event. Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
So.....if I were to get a trip-tik to jkt for a copy of "Nolan on Bradbury" by William F. Nolan, it might make for a possible East-West exchange!?
All expenses, including gratuities!
f

posted Hide Post
quote:
So.....if I were to get a trip-tik to jkt for a copy of "Nolan on Bradbury" by William F. Nolan, it might make for a possible East-West exchange!?
All expenses, including gratuities!
f

There is that.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I'll have you know I have to drive 12 miles to get to the event. Then again, I'm the "author wrangler" for the event. Wink

This is what we'd call an "away" event for jkt - one that's more than one block from his house!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ironically, if not "actually local", everything here is always 25-50 miles away!

jkt, does correspondence arrive at a locale with 315 N L as a part of the moniker? (With 4/7 as the event day, I'd need to get on this.)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ironically, if not "actually local", everything here is always 25-50 miles away!

jkt, does correspondence arrive at a locale with 315 N L as a part of the moniker? (With 4/7 as the event day, I'd need to get on this.)

Sure

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Right. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
jkt ~ In contacting Hippocampus Press, I was informed the Nolan to Bradbury text is not yet in completed publication form. However, things seem imminent.

I will be in touch with you via post in the next day or so. Please let me know when you receive my initial mailing and an interesting process for shipping is explained.

(Costs will be covered from here to there and back again!) Thanks...
f

posted Hide Post
quote:
...from here to there and back again...

You sound like a Hobbit.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...I must be mixing my RDB and JRR metaphors!!

posted Hide Post
These folks have been great to work with. Excellent communications and very personable. Mr. Nolan's book on RB sounds like a great collection of tales from all of their years of friendship!

http://www.hippocampuspress.co...0_14&products_id=123