Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    literary critics?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

literary critics?
 Login/Join

posted
I need help with a research paper. I need to use three literary essays. I really admire Bradbury's work and wanted to use one of his books and write about it.
Problem is, I can't find any essays. If anyone has any suggestions (preferrably essays that are published in books), it would be so helpful. Thanks.

--erin.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has at least two books of essays, Zen in the Art of Writing and Yestermorrow. Another is due out next year.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hm. I need essays on Bradbury's work. Not by him. But thanks.

posted Hide Post
Some critical works on Bradbury have been listed on these boards, including links to lists of such works on Philnic's site. Look around.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question has been answered before here, but is worth repeating for newcomers to the board. The following lists some of the most significant critical studies of Ray's work: RAY BRADBURY, by George Slusser (Borgo Press, 1977); RAY BRADBURY, edited by Joseph D. Olander and Martin H. Greenberg (Taplinger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY AND THE POETICS OF REVERIE, by William F. Touponce (UMI Research Press, 1984); RAY BRADBURY, by David Mogen (Twayne, 1986); RAY BRADBURY, by William F. Touponce (Starmont, 1989); RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION, by Robin Anne Reid (Greenwood, 2000); RAY BRADBURY: MODERN CRITICAL VIEWS, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001); FAHRENHEIT 451: MODERN CRITICAL INTERPRETATIONS, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001); and RAY BRADBURY: THE LIFE OF FICTION, by Jonathan R. Eller and William F. Touponce (Kent State University Press, 2004).

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 12-30-2004).]

Posts: 2468 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much! Those are very helpful.