Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Small Assassin •update•

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Assassin •update•
 Login/Join

posted
=================================================================
The short film, The Small Assassin will open in Chicago end of March, 2007. Chris Charles, director, said the picture, along with several others they have produced, will be shown under the name of Beverly Ridge Pictures

Original on location photos:
http://www.raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001...391004661#3391004661

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope they make it into a DVD or something. Would like to see it. Great photos, by the way.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Hope they make it into a DVD or something. Would like to see it. Great photos, by the way.

agreed... i would love to see this

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Nard, I was about to post something similar! Chris Charles told me March 2007, so I guess it's slipped a little again.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, if a DVD of this is available, I'd like to know. I also believe the fellows who did this movie are the same ones that are part of Columbia College in Chicago, where Sam Weller is a teacher. But being some 60 miles from Chicago, would likely make it up there once the name of the theater is posted.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, Nard. I will definitely make a trip in to see it. I'm guessing it will be at one of the fine arts theaters like Piper's Alley or Landmark Century, in my old neighborhood, and not one of the big boxes. I will keep checking on the Metromix website, and let everyone know when and where it appears.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
wowz0rs!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic (Phil):

I sent Chris Charles a return email of his, but have not heard back. Anything on your end concerning the timetable event for Small Assassin?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't heard anything since my last post (above). I'll email Chris again when I get a moment.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The Small Assassin

...has a special first-time showing in Chicago end of March, 2007. If you are in the Chicago area, ask for an INVITE. Only an INVITE will get you in.

Go to this link for details:
http://www.raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7701048592

posted Hide Post
Four years later, and THE SMALL ASSASSIN is doing well on the film festival circuit. It just picked up a prize:

http://www.dailyherald.com/art...0917/news/709179741/

I'm wondering if the film has been re-edited since its first screenings, since it has had an official "world premiere" this year. (I've contacted Chris Charles asking to clarify this little mystery.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
libertas film magazine.com has this article (including a link to a trailer) about "The Small Assasin" film by Chris Charles, posted today:

http://www.libertasfilmmagazin...adburys-short-story/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link below will take you to THE SMALL ASSASSIN, the Beverly Ridge award-winning short film production of Ray Bradbury's classic short story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOgil4wspM&t=181s

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post