Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I went back!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I went back!
 Login/Join

posted
I went back and I am proud of it!

I went back to the old site and it was nice to see it still active and healthy with posts on all four categories even as of today.

It will be interesting to "leap frog" from the new to the old.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's weird that they would maintain two boards. That doesn't make much sense. I think I'll probably just stay with this one. Are others posting on both boards?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are three or four of us still there.

Ghosts of Walter Gipp, Henry IX, a certain sea serpent, and some electronic mice have been spotted as well.

If you decide to go back, bring your fireman gear.....

.....and we could use a lightning rod, too.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, the yard is overrun with dandelions, but come to think, it always did look that way and must be meant to. No weedkiller allowed!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was that Laurel and Hardy that just passed by, and the White Whale, ...maybe even the Keystone Cops stumbling through the old site? I think I saw them all.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank,

It is interesting that you mention Laurel and Hardy. A week or so ago I was speaking to Ray and mentioned that the Laurel and Hardy Love Affair was one of my favorite stories, but I always wondered if it was a bit autobiographical. He said yes, it was and concerned an old girl friend. And Sam's book brings this out more fully which is, in itself, quite interesting.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post