Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    the martian chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the martian chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
hey,
here is the thing. i am doing a reserch paper. i need to know how his book affected the outlook people had at the time.Because of the whole "life on another planet" thing.
this is my thesis for my paper:
the martian chronicles, by Ray Bradbury,not only became a well known science fiction novel,with the intense scenery and discriptivness; but also created a scence of fear and an everlasting openmindedness to the surrondings of people and the Earth.
any help at all would be greatly valued.
ellemarie

Posts: 5 | Location: usa | Registered: 25 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's an interesting topic. I have never studied in the area of his impact on society in that way. Maybe others out here have?

Sorry I can't help out on this one. Can your instructor or a librarian make any suggestions?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I reacll, the effect it had, was that it made people want to fly in rockets to Mars and start colonization. It made the outlook of exploring Mars and other worlds a bit stronger. But don't quote me on that. Your best bet would be to talk with a libarian or someone who has some historical knowledge on the impact of Ray's book of that time.

Posts: 41 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you both, Mr Dark for at least replying and spender for giving me some help.
with much gratitude
Ellemarie

Posts: 5 | Location: usa | Registered: 25 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post