Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    GREEN Town
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GREEN Town
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-homes/latest/6659

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool, they are doing all that because of Bradbury and there will be a building in his name

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gguthrie,

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there yesterday. Look!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucky Dougie! It still looks pretty much the same. Still waiting for some Carnegie revival work.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
It still looks pretty much the same.

I used olde tyme filters on the dark chamber.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And speaking of Green Town, look what I received in the post today all the way from Jolly Olde England!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I hop mine arrives tomorrow...

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
And speaking of Green Town, look what I received in the post today all the way from Jolly Olde England!...

I think I ordered one of those. I must check to see where it has got to.

Doug, is the cover by Ray or somebody else?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Mmmmmm, IHOP.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Mmmmmm, IHOP.

So you're suggesting that jkt'll be waiting for his arrival at the local eggery?

Eggery is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And speaking of Green Town, look what I received in the post today all the way from Jolly Olde England!...

I think I ordered one of those. I must check to see where it has got to.

Doug, is the cover by Ray or somebody else?

I like that the British say "has got to".

Unsure about the cover, although it certainly looks like a Bradbury original!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I checked on the PS Publishing website, and there it says the cover is by RB.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I like that the British say "has got to"...

Well, you see, we British stopped saying "gotten" a couple of centuries ago, but N. Americans haven't yet caught up with us...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...I like that the British say "has got to"...

Well, you see, we British stopped saying "gotten" a couple of centuries ago, but N. Americans haven't yet caught up with us...

No, we haven't gotten caught up yet!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You mean you haven't caughten up yet.

- Phil