Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    GREEN Town
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GREEN Town
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Green Town, White Town: Waukegan in Winter.

http://newssun.chicagotribune....waukegans-shoreline/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Town ... and Maycomb Parallels abound!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...OME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This is much like Farewell Summer!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Green Town ... and Maycomb Parallels abound!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...OME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This is much like Farewell Summer!!

Kewl...and the biographer's name is Shields!

I know a couple who when they became engaged she would not marry him until he read To Kill a Mockingbird! Great couple, celebrated their 30th anniversary last year!

Will almost certainly read it but am cautiously optimistic at best: http://jezebel.com/be-suspicio...tm_medium=socialflow

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A short multi-media project.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice piece. So, DS! When does the Ray Bradbury Commemorative Statue get officially presented in Waukegan? 8/20/2016 would be a fine day!?

It would an event to clink a glass of Dandelion Wine with so many who have shared in the love of his works and life. It would offer a chance to also remember Mr. B's departed friends who have exchanged words here and at the countless gatherings throughout the years. Just a thought . . .
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will make my utmost endeavor to meet you all there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
A short multi-media project.

Beautiful. I would love to stand on the bridge over the ravine with some folks from this site and drink a dandelion wine toast to Ray and Greentown. Perhaps even set off a fire balloon...

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:
Beautiful. I would love to stand on the bridge over the ravine with some folks from this site and drink a dandelion wine toast to Ray and Greentown. Perhaps even set off a fire balloon...

And even better in October!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
October would suit me better. August there is probably hot and muggy, and I haven't seen the area in October.

posted Hide Post
This guy's an idiot. He and Thom Mayne would get along swell!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Many years ago a lovely historian gave me a tour of all sites relevant to Marcus Whitman within driving distance of his birthplace. As we entered a well-kept cemetery (and they weren't all), he pointed out a monument and said, "That's the man who had Marcus Whitman's house torn down." The monument was not the size of a house but maybe a small shed anyway, and as I say right at the entrance. These ego-turkeys are all the same, angry at sharing the limelight or having anyone more highly regarded than they are. If they can't be respected above all they destroy everything connected with it that they can. Look up what Ray said about the JFK assassination, no conspiracy theorist he! Look up King Henry VIII. Look up the guy who shot John Lennon, whose name I will not dignify by repeating. Look up the current president of the United States who ditto. Don't let the turkeys get away with these atrocities.

posted Hide Post
Why not join today?!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1124295237718901/

"Live Forever!"