Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Anyone know how busy the event at the Memorial Branch Library will be?

I am thinking of flying in from flippin Missouri so I can meet my favorite author. Seriously. Smiler

Julie Ann

Posts: 3 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: 21 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sungazing:
Anyone know how busy the event at the Memorial Branch Library will be?

I am thinking of flying in from flippin Missouri so I can meet my favorite author. Seriously. Smiler

Your best bet would be to attend the play on Saturday night. Mr. B attends on Saturday nights and that is the last night of the play.

www.plays411.com/raybradbury

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to have my three kiddos with me. So I am not sure the play will be the best bet.

But...the play sounds appealing. Maybe I should leave the youngest two with grandma and just bring my oldest. Hmmm.

Thanks for the tip.

Julie Ann

Posts: 3 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: 21 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comic Con Good. Need Sleep. Photos in about ten hours.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When will Ray Bradbury be doing a book signing event in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas? From what I hear, he will be signing books at "Every Picture Tells A Story" book shoppe, October 24th, 2009! What books will he be selling there? Will he be signing at Vroman's as he has in the past on Halloween? Thanks!

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that Ray will be at the Olympic Library (4625 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019). This library is across the street from Ray's high school, Los Angeles High. It is also on the block where Ray sold newspapers for three cents each. This event will be at 6:30 p.m. on Monday the 31st.

This coming Saturday is the last performance of Yestermorrows, in South Pasadena. Mr. B is scheduled to attend and there will be a pizza reception afterwards.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Just a quick note to let people know that Ray will not be at the library tonight as planned. The event will be rescheudled for a future date.

DO NOT worry, nothing is seriously wrong with Ray. Just wait until you are heading towards your 90th year on this planet.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt: good to hear this about Mr. B's well being.
Also, you were "non-stop" last week and did just a great job in the middle of all of the RB mixes. Thank you for your time and info at every turn!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
jkt: good to hear this about Mr. B's well being.
Also, you were "non-stop" last week and did just a great job in the middle of all of the RB mixes. Thank you for your time and info at every turn!
f

If it was not for the posted photos I'd have no memory of the day. Cool

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Will Ray Bradbury be writing his memoirs (autobiography) anytime soon!

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam already did it for him - and Ray heartily approves, so I doubt it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray will be in Santa Barbara on Sunday, October 11th. From the Santa Barbara News-Press:
Big Read to focus on 'Fahrenheit 451' : Author Ray Bradbury to speak at Lobero on Oct. 11
September 24, 2009: "Fahrenheit 451," a classic novel about banning and burning books, will be the focal point of the upcoming Santa Barbara Reads/The Big Read Program, which local libraries and schools will observe from Sept. 25 through late October. As part of the program, Ray Bradbury, the author of the famous science-fiction novel from 1953, will speak at the Lobero Theatre at 3 p.m. on Oct. 11. Admission to the lecture will be free. The kickoff for the month-long program will coincide with Banned Books Week, which runs from Saturday through Oct. 3. Santa Barbara Reads, an annual community reading program sponsored by the Santa Barbara Public Library System, won a Big Read grant this year, which saved the program from being eliminated, according to Christine Gallery, the reference librarian for the Santa Barbara Public Library. The program, she said, is designed to revitalize the role of literature in American culture.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
October 24th., the Aero theatre in conjunction with Every Picture Tells a Story.

http://www.americancinemathequ...romastercalendar.htm

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Putting this were it belongs:
Ray will be at the Simi Valley Library.
You’re Invited To A Presentation by Ray Bradbury
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Seating & Raffle Ticket Sales begin at 1:00 PM
(seating priority to be determined by ticket number)
Presentation begins at 2:00 PM
Book Signing - 3:00 - 3:30 PM
Raffle Winners Announced at 3:30 PM at
Simi Valley Senior Center
3900 Avenida Simi
Simi Valley, CA 93063

General Admission tickets $15 each (includes 1 yr membership in Simi Valley Public Library Foundation)
and return with your check made payable to:
Simi Valley Public Library Foundation, P. O. Box 1388, Simi Valley, CA 93062-1388
WHEN AMOUNT OF TICKETS SOLD EQUALS SEATING CAPACITY, NO ADDITIONAL TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED
The purpose of the Foundation is to develop and maintain a capital base for the support of the Simi Valley Library beyond the normal budgetary contribution of the County of Ventura and the Simi
Valley Friends of the Library. The Simi Valley Public Library Foundation shall maintain certain funds as a permanent endowment allowing income to be used by the Simi Valley Library while preserving the
endowed principal and other unrestricted funds to support the library. Our mission is to raise and distribute funds to enhance the Simi Valley Library. The Simi Valley Public Library Foundations seeks funds
through an annual appeal, fundraisers, the generous support of library patrons, gifts and bequests, and other financial support from individuals and the business community. RAY BRADBURY
• NO ADMITTANCE WITHOUT TICKET
• We have on hand, limited signed copies of The Illustrated Man ($15)
and The Halloween Tree ($22). Purchase your copies now.
• Raffle prize winners will be announced following presentation
• Event not sponsored by City of Simi Valley

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Are you free on Saturday? Ray will be attending the Duarte Festival of Books.

"The legendary Ray Bradbury, author of the “Martian Chronicles,” and “Fahrenheit 451,” as well as dozens of other books and hundreds of short stories and plays, will speak at 3:30 p.m."

http://www.accessduarte.com/Ge...ews.asp?NewsPage=363

John King Tarpinian