Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have tried THREE time to post images from today's Leviathan 99 Radio Performance. Each time the system kicks me out, after uploading and titling 25 photos with a Topic_OID error. Sorry, but I do not know what to do to correct this cryptic error.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best I can do is upload one-at-a-time so here in one. This is Sean Astin reading as Ishmael Jones wtih William Shatner as Quell. Maybe tomorrow this website will allow me to post the complete set of images.

John King Tarpinian

ImageSeanBillReading.JPG (223 Kb, 17 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be remiss in not posting one image of Ray. Here is one with Ray Bradbury, Norman Lloyd and Norman Corwin.

John King Tarpinian

ImageRayNormanNorman.JPG (195 Kb, 13 downloads)

posted Hide Post
john!

All that work and then Pffft! It's happen here as well and how frustrating it is. I think it has something to do with overloading the system with photos, or some photos, exceeding the limit.

Look forward to your photos. Try smaller photos. The old system used to take poster sized photos with no trouble. It worked well.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, if you'd care to email your photos to me, I can put them online for you.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The performance was absolutely magical. I couldn't believe the amount of collective acting talent that was up on that stage. Sean Astin (Rudy, Lord of the Rings, et al) as the narrator and lead character HAD to carry the story on his shoulders... and he did. Both he and William Shatner transcended their celeb-status and sucked you into the story. They made you forget who they were... which is quite a feat for actors up on stage pretending to put on a RADIO PRODUCTION (i.e., reading into a microphone with a script in their hands)! So very well done.

The event was truly something special, something different, something that I, my date (Tara), and my two friends (Rod Roddenberry and his fiance, Heidi) were truly blessed to be able to watch.

The FOLEY guy (on stage with the actors) was amazing! It was all done in one take. No re-dos!

Some celebs were in attendance (in addition to those on the stage). A casual glance around revealed Leonard Maltin (critic), Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars host), my own buddy, Rod, :-) and other screen writers and Beverly Hills (or nearby) residents... and of course our own JKT.

Ray and Norman gave intro speeches before the play began. Norman, at 99, was wonderfully engaging and funny. It was nice to see Ray speaking in such a strong voice. They made an already-special event that much more meaningful.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
On Sunday, May 3rd, CART presents a tribute to Ray Bradbury and Norman Corwin on the occasion of Mr. Corwin's 99th birthday.

Scheduled to appear at this live presentation of Ray Bradbury's space tale, LEVIATHAN 99 are:

William SHATNER, Sean ASTIN,
Norman LLOYD, Samantha EGGAR,
Richard HERD, Walter KOENIG,
and H.M. WYNANT
Also John HARLAN, Robert LEGIONAIRE
and Sky McDOUGALL

Both Mr. Bradbury and Mr. Corwin
will attend the performance.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 17 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
jkt, if you'd care to email your photos to me, I can put them online for you.

I may just take you up on that if my fourth attempt fails. Thank you.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

This works very well for me.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This works very well for me.

Which, as with many of us, we cannot access from our work computers...sheeesh...and is why I try to use the frustrating slide-show hosted by the website. That's for posting for the group.

(Doug moved 3000 miles away so he could avoid such events and what happens yesterday? A relative of his shows up. Smiler )

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I like the second photo best Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah - even better than the third!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah - even better than the third!

This darn system crashed on me each time so I did not know if it ever too. I'm deleting two of them.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
This darn system crashed on me each time so I did not know if it ever took. I'm deleting two of them.

...thus rendering my post meaningless!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Fourth Time Is A Charm:
Here is a photo of me taken by Cathy Browne's husband. She is the Head Librarian for UCLA. I am reading the plaque to Ray with Dennis Etchison looking on in the background.

(to avoid confusion I deleted the prior posts with the partial images)

John King Tarpinian

Imageeading_plaque.jpg (173 Kb, 12 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This darn system crashed on me each time so I did not know if it ever took. I'm deleting two of them.

...thus rendering my post meaningless!

Just this one? Wink

John King Tarpinian