Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Main people in Fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Main people in Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
who are all the main people in Fahrenheit 451 and i also need a short description of each character for a book review
Please
HHEEELLLLPPPPP

Posts: 6 | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a Cliff Notes on F451 that will answer these questions for you. When you read it, (did you read it?) did you take any notes on the characters? Did you make any margin notes?

I am an avid margin-commentor and argumenter and an obsessive underliner. I recommend it, as it makes you think about what it is you're reading.

Also, as you read a new book, you may want to make a kind of cast of characters by listing the characters in the inside front cover or something. This will help you keep track of them. If it isn't your book, list these things on a separate piece of paper.

While people here are happy (even anxious) to help, we are more comfortable giving our time if we are able to see that you have actually read the material. For us to invest, it helps to know that you have invested.

Also, while I try to understand that the english language (grammar, capitalization, complete sentences, spelling) are apparently anachronistic to the younger generation; please be aware that some of us are "old school" and would be more inclined to help if the requests were in "the Queen's English". (Just a personal opinion.)

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 12-16-2002).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark::::

The next posting-space is actually this posting, elimated here, but appearing there, due partially to techno difficulties....and human error. What's new!

But please, Read on.............

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-16-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark::::

Since all questions being 'axed' are intentionally available on THIS Website, amongst the many major and minor postings and whatnots....it seems that the Youthful Inquirers are resolutely lazy or absolutely dumbfounded in their ways and travels amongst these postings.... tho I bethinks it mostly lazytown.

Perhaps a coin for our thoughts would embolden the Youngsternauts to further inquire under their own speed the many answers to their few problems, found hither and tither wherewithin.

Otherwise, dumb and dumber be the one to whom all things are given on a silver plate, at least in this case.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-16-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well-said, Nard, and, it might be added for the truly lazy: it is not even necessary to select "view all postings" or even "view postings for last year," when discussions of these topics appear on the very same PAGE! Like, did they even bother scrolling down the page to see if their questions had already been asked and answered? (Screaming need for an FAQ here, if anyone would look at it.)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post