Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted
What's on the turntable at the moment while your perusing RB.com. In modern phraseology, whatcha listenin to bub, er, a, or bubbette as the case may be. Tell us about it, inquiring minds want to know. If its silence or just crickets and the wind from an open window or the sound of snow falling, just put that down.

I am listening to Phoebe Snow, Second Childhood for the first time. I'm diggin it. Nice with a mellow groove.

11:30, Now, Mountain, Nantucket Sleighride.

Midnight, Joan Baez, Diamonds And Rust.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Second Chapter of Acts: Nightlight.

Among the most beautiful and incredible harmonies since The Beach Boys.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coleman Hawkins (from the Prestige Profiles).
Smmooooth ---

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys.

“…God only knows what I’d be without you…”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put on Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits. Woke up listening to Mrs. RobinsonSmiler

Beachboys are great!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently the smashing pumpkins, while I write an essay regarding the play write, Tennessee Williams

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simon and Bullwinkle!

(Not really, I just love to say that.)

I'm actually listening to a local radio show.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
“God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys.

Did I mention the writer of this most wonderful song goes to my church? Yes, I think I did.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I put on Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits.

Beach Boys are great!

Whilst living in Denver once upon a time, saw Paul Simon and Brian Wilson do a show together. Very nice.

Coincidentally, the year before, saw Paul and Bob Dylan do a show together. Also very nice.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Sorry, reading and listening to music simultaneously has never been possible for me and never will.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy, Same here. Now, hearing is not the same as listening; the former being what ears do, and the latter being a conscious act. Having been trained to do the latter, it is difficult to "tune things out" which is vexing sometimes; like when in a store playing "background" music, or around people who insist upon blaring their radios or stereos.
I always read in silence, especially things with dialogue!
I can sometimes do crosswords with music on, though...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Sorry, reading and listening to music simultaneously has never been possible for me and never will.

Me too. Mind, I can peruse the internet or glance thru the newspaper with music but when I sit down to read seriously, I want silence. I even send the spouse out of the room if she's too noisy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I can tune out a blur of voices, but not one distinct voice, nor distinct music. The more distinct, the harder to tune out.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Best Of Bread. When I put it on I thought how good can these guys be but I immediately have recognized the first two songs. I like 'em a lot. I've heard them many times on the radio without knowing it was them. Dj's are remiss these days for not telling you who your listening to, probably takes too long and costs a few bucks too much.

posted Hide Post
rocket, some of your earlier posts prompted me to dig out some very early Chicago. I'd forgotten how good they were, and how interesting their music is. Unfortunately, I can't read/listen at the same time; one of the two things gets ignored.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post